Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

What pests can make it through small micron material?

Past President
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
19,015
I remember @rygh experimenting with pushing water through a 1 micron filter like in an RODI canister. Can’t remember what pump it was, maybe a carx feed pump type deal
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
2,279
I remember @rygh experimenting with pushing water through a 1 micron filter like in an RODI canister. Can’t remember what pump it was, maybe a carx feed pump type deal

You won't be able to do that for that long... biofouling with reduce that screen to 1/4 of the size very rapidly.

To put it into context 1 µm = 0.0000393701". It'll take quite the pump to keep up with that, or you need to clean that filter probably daily.
 
Past President
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
19,015
You won't be able to do that for that long... biofouling with reduce that screen to 1/4 of the size very rapidly.

To put it into context 1 µm = 0.0000393701". It'll take quite the pump to keep up with that, or you need to clean that filter probably daily.
I could be wrong on what size he used, not do I know how long he did that for or how it turned out.
 
Top