Reef nutrition

Willie’s Last Aquarium Build

All polished out. Put some extra support in. Just in case. It is gonna be close to 2 tons. Oofff.

Attachments

• IMG_2376.jpeg
    IMG_2376.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2393.jpeg
    IMG_2393.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2394.jpeg
    IMG_2394.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 56
Question what’s the difference between this one and your old tank? What improvement did you make this time around
This one is plexiglass. The old one is starfire glass. This one is 96x36x24. The old one is 60x27x26. This one has an external weir, so the inside is completely rectangle. The old one has a huge center weir, which bugs the crap out of me. Personal preference.
If I built this correctly. It should last me until I’m old and old. The glass one technically only has a 10-15 year life span. This new one has a modular aluminum stand, which is 1/4 to 1/2 the weight of my old stand and canopy which is over built. Plexiglass is about 1/3 to 1/2 the weight of glass. So all in all. Even tho I’m going bigger in size. I think I’m only going up in a quarter of the the weight. I’ll deconstruct my 55,60, and my 40. All those aquariums will be either simulated into this aquarium or given away. Plus I really miss that deep lagoon look and the fish just really swimming.

Looking great!! Going in the fish room?
Yes. I’m really not looking forward to moving all that stuff out. It’s going to be a mess and super heavy. I think I want to take weeks to month to complete the move. I’m really worried about disruption of the biome. Things are finally going well for a change.

Back