High Tide Aquatics

XR15 Pro or XR15 blue? help

under_water_ninja

High Tide Aquatics
LFS Owner
upgrading my light on my 40gl, ive decided to go with the xr15 radion with the reef brite ad on kit that is made for the xr15.
my question is Pro or Blue? i like the blue look but i also dont like the look of being in a room that makes people look like smurfs. i am assuming the reef brite kit will also add more blue, so i am leaning towards the pro. give me your thoughts! gonna pull the trigger in a couple hours. thanks!!!!

I have the g5 xr15 blue on a 28g cube in my TV room. I don't feel it's any worse than the 3 g3 xr30 pros I have on my big tank on the other side of the room.

I have the g5 xr15 blue on a 28g cube in my TV room. I don't feel it's any worse than the 3 g3 xr30 pros I have on my big tank on the other side of the room.
So to my understanding are the pro and the blue pretty much the same just the blue comes pre set with the blue channels all at 100% kind of a plug and play and the pro is more adjustable?

Was going to add on this guy as well, so maybe a little to much blue if I actually went with the Blue model?

Attachments

• C4C1E90C-7C6D-46DC-8DCE-23FC2BA4E97F.png
    C4C1E90C-7C6D-46DC-8DCE-23FC2BA4E97F.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 125
I think the nomenclature of "pro" has changed, before the "pro" version typically added more LED diodes, as a result more power, forget which exact spectrum they were (I want to say more on the "purple" side of things, and perhaps a little in the "why do we put it in" visual spectrum, e.g. yellow or cyan), as a result Pros were more expensive than non-pro. For the G5, the blue has more blue diodes, and the pro is more of a whiter light, but other than that I don't believe there are any spec differences other than colors, as a result they're the same price.

i had both but i prefer the pro more since i am able to control more of the cool whites and warm whites. i dont think you need to use reef brites unless you want that extra "pop" in colors.

If you like a very blue tank, the "blue" essentially let's you use more of the LED power. I believe they both have the same number of LEDs, but as mentioned before, the pro has more white LEDs, and the blue has more blue LEDs.

Basically you would have to turn the white channels way down on the pro to get a similar "blue" coloration. Therefore "losing" some of the LED power you are paying for.

I went with the pro! And I said why not with the reefbrites! I’ll take the extra “pop”, lol! It’s only 1 light it’s not like upgrading lights on my 100gl. That’s would be more lights and eta more expensive. So I figure for $650 it should be a nice light setup. @jhuynh I watched some of the brs vids on adjustments, where do you runs yours at? You even run the ab+ mobius program? Any input form you guys appreciated! Thanks again guys!

Back