Neptune Aquatics

How do I become a BAR member?

Looking around, trying to get used to the Group. It is apparent I can become a member to access more areas of the forum, and become more involved. How do I find information about this, I am having some troubles...

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It has been awhile but I think you click on the person Icon in the upper right corner and then choose Account Upgrades

upload_2019-1-29_19-55-22.png

Doesn't work for me. And under my profile there is no upgrade button

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for trying to become a supporting member:)!

That is really weird. So there is no button that says account upgrades? Can you post a picture? I just checked on mobile safari and chrome on my PC and I can navigate to the upgrade page on both.

One thing to note there is two ways to look at your "profile". One just shows posts, threads, etc. without an upgrade button. However the other one should have an upgrade button and is more of the control panel.

On the BAR homepage in the top right corner after you are logged in there should be two instances of your username. One should be next to your picture and the other should be by itself. You want to click on the one by itself:

Upgrade2.PNG

Let me know if that helps!

One of the problems is (again) the links on the right side. One of them is to become a supporting member but those links don't work.

Hey Bruce, so at first I was confused as to what you were talking about since the links worked fine for me. However after reading the thread Randy posted it seems that these links only work on one of the forum "styles". When I changed my style to BAR Revo, the links stopped working as you had mentioned. So if you change the style to Style 2.0 the links should work. This can be done by clicking the style chooser and choosing Style 2.0 instead. This button should show up as BAR Revo in the bottom left corner of the page:

Style.PNG

Of course this is not a real fix. The buggy style should probably be removed, so people cant use it, in order to prevent confusion at least until it is fixed.

I actually tested both templates/skins both has no problem with links

Really? Just to make sure you are talking about these quick links right?

Quicklinks.PNG

For some reason it wont work for me with the BAR Revo skin but they will with the other skin. Bruce was specifically mentioning the "Become a Supporting Member" link but none of the ones circled work. Only the social media links in the bottom of the picture work for me. I am using chrome on a PC and Safari on an iPad.

Also interesting to note that this "Become a Supporting Member" link is not actually needed to become a member, it is simply a link to a thread that is a guide for upgrading membership. I could still access the "Upgrade Membership" button on both skins.

Attachments

• Quicklinks.PNG
    Quicklinks.PNG
    150.2 KB · Views: 233
Back