Kessil

Trident!!!

Looks like it retails at $600.

I wonder if they account for your line length, e.g. pull enough aquarium water through the inlet tube to make sure you are not testing water that’s been sitting in the tube. They say to place it within 4’ of your tank. And do they include a strainer for the inlet tube, or how do you prevent copepods, etc from getting sucked in?

Can you run two inlets to one Trident? It would be a shame if they didn’t think of letting you test water from 2+ tanks using the infrastructure of one unit. If not, guess you just have to move your inlet tube between two adjacent tanks manually. Or bring the water you want tested to the Trident.

I wonder if they account for your line length, e.g. pull enough aquarium water through the inlet tube to make sure you are not testing water that’s been sitting in the tube. They say to place it within 4’ of your tank. And do they include a strainer for the inlet tube, or how do you prevent copepods, etc from getting sucked in?

Can you run two inlets to one Trident? It would be a shame if they didn’t think of letting you test water from 2+ tanks using the infrastructure of one unit. If not, guess you just have to move your inlet tube between two adjacent tanks manually. Or bring the water you want tested to the Trident.
I hadn’t thought about multiple systems being tested by one using. That would be awesome!

I hadn’t thought about multiple systems being tested by one using. That would be awesome!
Yea when you have multiple tanks I think it pays off the most, because the time spent with test kits starts to really add up. I’d like to hear from people with multiple tanks, if they are like bringing a cup of each tank water over to their Trident for testing and if there is a “measure now” option.

Well I assume it's a very precise doser that pulls water like a preristaltic pump so unless you had some sort of gate valve to allow it to switch between sources don't see how you could do multiple tanks. Now if you some how could push the water in yourself then press a "test mode" to have it do all the reagent mixing and testing then sure.

In fact having the option to one button test would be awesome instead of only auto testing. Maybe in firmware 2.0 they'll make that possible

The line is flushed every time. There is no strainer but it has not been an issue. My intake is right after my refugium and it has not been an issue.

You cannot test 2 tanks with a single Trident concurrently.

I thought the Neptune warranty was not transferrable. Not sure though.

If so, it means it would be doubly insane to buy it over-priced on ebay.

I thought the Neptune warranty was not transferrable. Not sure though.

If so, it means it would be doubly insane to buy it over-priced on ebay.
Well if it's new and sealed presumably the warranty hasn't been applied to the owner yet

Otherwise you could make the same arguement with buying in the store

Well if it's new and sealed presumably the warranty hasn't been applied to the owner yet
Otherwise you could make the same arguement with buying in the store

No, they are pretty specific about that. Look at bottom:
https://www.neptunesystems.com/neptune-systems-store-terms-and-conditions/
The original receipt will not have your name on it.
Pretty sure they could reject it.

However!
There are "implied warranty of merchantability" state laws that may protect you beyond that.
In particular if it was totally defective or died right away.

No, they are pretty specific about that. Look at bottom:
https://www.neptunesystems.com/neptune-systems-store-terms-and-conditions/
The original receipt will not have your name on it.
Pretty sure they could reject it.

However!
There are "implied warranty of merchantability" state laws that may protect you beyond that.
In particular if it was totally defective or died right away.
Didn't see anything about needing a receipt to register your product and claim ownership, however there's some implications of it specifically this little tidbit

"Neptune Systems warranty is void if the purchaser paid less than MAP price; " which smells suspiciously illegal and unenforceable, and if they somehow can make this legal really makes me want to never buy a single product of theirs

Didn't see anything about needing a receipt to register your product and claim ownership, however there's some implications of it specifically this little tidbit

"Neptune Systems warranty is void if the purchaser paid less than MAP price; " which smells suspiciously illegal and unenforceable, and if they somehow can make this legal really makes me want to never buy a single product of theirs

How do you get stuff cheaper then map (new)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you get stuff cheaper then map (new)
Well if you are on good terms with a LFS owner they might just sell you a product for a bit above their purchase price, enough to make a little profit, or some stores give discounts if you pay in cash, I mean plenty of ways none of which are guaranteed mind you and most are simply unspoken (that I just happen to be speaking about now) agreements you have.

Yes, that clause seems completely nuts.

Pretty sure that would violate the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
But then you have to sue....
Although you could file an FTC consumer complaint I guess.

MAP pricing is an agreement between supplier and retailer.
End consumer is not a party to that, and has no knowledge of the details.
How can we know if a sale is legit or not?

Also, MAP is for ADVERTISED price, not actual sales price.
It is quite legit to give a non-advertised in store discount.

Voiding the warranty hurts the end customer, well after the original sale.
It has no real effect on the retailer, which is where you want to push MAP.

Back