High Tide Aquatics

Website upgrade 2019

This is how it looks on my end...
Screenshot (22).png

Clear your cache? Or use private browser. All browser works fine for me while looking at your tank journal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hmm, interesting.
This is how it looks on my end...
Hmm... I see the pictures.
One thing I notice is that you are linking to tapetalk upload, and not using our site to host pictures.
Nothing wrong with that, but it means depending on another site working properly with ours, and keeping those images.
A lot of pictures died when photobucket changed a few years ago.

What do you get when you go to this link:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190211/be72073fc7e7852ca879a8ca832402c3.jpg

Do we have DBTC trackers now?
We all really valued this. We looked at it extensively. The old DBTC tracker was unsupportable and keeping us from upgrading everything else on the website. We chose to be able to upgrade (and keep upgraded) our website with all the features we need like being able have new users sign up more easily, more stable database backend, easier administration, able to have new web admins step in without a huge learning curve, better features for making posts including better image supports, etc. The casualty was the DBTC chain module.

If someone has an idea for something that would be the equivalent of the DBTC tracker that we can implement in the XenForo environment, we are happy to hear it.

I wonder if we could make the first post of each DBTC thread be a master list of who has that coral. Names can be added at the bottom of the list regardless of specific donor and recipient. The specific info, photos, updates will be at the end of the thread. It is easy to skip from first post to most recent post.
However, I do not know how or who would update the first posts with the list.

I wonder if we could make the first post of each DBTC thread be a master list of who has that coral. Names can be added at the bottom of the list regardless of specific donor and recipient. The specific info, photos, updates will be at the end of the thread. It is easy to skip from first post to most recent post.
However, I do not know how or who would update the first posts with the list.
We can do that.
Things like that are really just things the user should do. Not coding, just instructions/rules on what to do, so easy to support.

We can also add a template with various text fields.
Unfortunately those fields cannot have user names. We tried that. Still poking around with that a bit though.

We are having bit of a problem with the new cheap email server company we used.
We keep going over various limits.
Emails have been off/on in the last few days. I don't think anyone else noticed though.

We will be changing to Amazon SES.

Pretty sure it is because mobile OS does not really have the same type of file system that a PC has, so it cannot save/restore files easily.

Doesn't it save it on the server? Drafts that are started on mobile or desktop are automatically saved after certain time intervals and appear next time you load that thread. It's just the manual option fore to click on that's missing.

Doesn't it save it on the server? Drafts that are started on mobile or desktop are automatically saved after certain time intervals and appear next time you load that thread. It's just the manual option fore to click on that's missing.
So it seems to be the default for the theme.
Others have changed it to force it on for mobile. Some said it worked fine, others complained about problems, especially with long posts.
I am guessing it was defaulted to off for a reason.
I think I would rather not mess with it.

So this was a weird little quirk.

I hit the reply button and there ended up being more text quoted than what the op had in his post.

9D863F55-96B4-4AC3-BBED-A78B1DA9CCAD.png

The whole part to ashburn2k was not in his original post that I quoted.

Back