Neptune Aquatics

Canceled- Event: How to Frag/Dip Corals

Joining?

• Total voters
I have a large Mystic Sunset monti colony I got from Gus, it's definitely colored back up to the "standard" in my tank (reddish base, dark blue polyps). It's fairly flat too making it easy to hack up with a band saw if you want. Was going to possibly use it for an auction piece, but not sure many people have room for something like that, so it's free to chop up as necessary.

I have a large Mystic Sunset monti colony I got from Gus, it's definitely colored back up to the "standard" in my tank (reddish base, dark blue polyps). It's fairly flat too making it easy to hack up with a band saw if you want. Was going to possibly use it for an auction piece, but not sure many people have room for something like that, so it's free to chop up as necessary.
Same here, one can get cut and one can Be offered at auction. Also have a huge red chalice and probably some other stuff

Reactions: JVU
Same here, one can get cut and one can Be offered at auction. Also have a huge red chalice and probably some other stuff
Mike, should we use the chalic and Nepthea for the DBTC? And I can add a milli for general cut and experimentation?
The Nepthea fragging learning will be valuable ad it's not straight forward...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mike, should we use the chalic and Nepthea for the DBTC? And I can add a milli for general cut and experimentation?
The Nepthea fragging learning will be valuable ad it's not straight forward...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sure if you’re willing to wait until then seems like a good idea.

Awesome this is in Pleasanton! So close to me in Livermore.

I am hoping to make this event and meet, learn, hang out and help out where I can. My tank is dry at the moment (plumbing now, hopefully filling with water in the coming weeks) so I don't have coral to help provide. I will find something to contribute for sure though.

Awesome this is in Pleasanton! So close to me in Livermore.

I am hoping to make this event and meet, learn, hang out and help out where I can. My tank is dry at the moment (plumbing now, hopefully filling with water in the coming weeks) so I don't have coral to help provide. I will find something to contribute for sure though.
That would be great to meet other reefers in the Tri-valley area! There is no no requirement to bring anything.

Any specifics?

I have a second Inland bandsaw in San Francisco; the 21st is my child’s birthday, turning into a full blown teenager so I cannot plan on assisting but I can have the bandsaw available so the club have the event with at least three saws so people can have hands on experience.
I’d just need a kind soul to bring it over to the event.

Fun event! I hope I can make it. Possibility of bringing a large (but bleached) mycedium that is growing too large for our big tank. Soon I will be leading my semiannual frag-o-rama with 40 middle schoolers, but do not like the idea of them hacking this somewhat fleshy chalice-like coral.

I am most likely attending, although I most definitely fall into the "newbie" category. Ik that this is a month or so out, but is there anything I should read/watch beforehand? Excited for the event!

I am most likely attending, although I most definitely fall into the "newbie" category. Ik that this is a month or so out, but is there anything I should read/watch beforehand? Excited for the event!
It’s an ideal event for new reefers or more experienced ones even that haven’t done much fragging. Just show up pretty much.
Maybe make a tank journal if you have a tank and haven’t made a journal yet. That way people can help you more and know what corals to offer you that will have a good chance for success.

Any types of corals people want to see fragged? Or anybody have colonies they need fragged? This is a great chance to have the work done for you.
Also, this is a great time to post dbtc corals so people attending the event can pick them up.

Back