Kessil

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
Cycling the lights to promote good bacterial growth while we wait for parts.

44fd74d3edb6b07a24fae641d4222029.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was totally kidding about the bacteria and the BRS video...we do have to break in the T5s before we start dimming them.

Which one? I've kind of been turned off to their last few videos, hour or nearly hour long videos talking about this or that when I'm just thinking "Hey chatty Cathy, just get to the point"
I agree. I think they are getting a little too full of themselves, like they are celebrities we want to see chatting about nothing. I like their videos where they get to the point and tell us something useful based on an experiment or based on expert advice. Preferably with charts/tables. I only watch their videos on YouTube where I can easily increase the speed and double-tap skip ahead 15 sec at a time now.

I agree. I think they are getting a little too full of themselves, like they are celebrities we want to see chatting about nothing. I like their videos where they get to the point and tell us something useful based on an experiment or based on expert advice. Preferably with charts/tables. I only watch their videos on YouTube where I can easily increase the speed and double-tap skip ahead 15 sec at a time now.
I don’t bother with those videos either. I don’t watch their reviews either. Just the investigate ones really.

I have a problem.

I don’t have the leveling feet that are used on this stand. And, I have extremely uneven slate tile for flooring. So...what to do? Yoga mat? Plywood? Cork flooring? Try to get the leveling feet from Red Sea?

Can you use wedge-shaped shims? The floor under my tank is sloped in various directions toward a drain, so I used lots of shims.

Red Sea support has been very helpful and responsive when I’ve asked for parts like that before. I’d get the official parts personally.

I think I have a solution that will be stronger than the feet but not as pretty. I will put down a 1/4” rubber mat - the type they use at gyms, which is virtually indestructible. This will absorb the irregularities in the tile floor and will be self-leveling.

On top of the mat, I will place composite decking boards, which will distribute the load from the edges of the stand.

I’ll hide it with white trim.

I think I have a solution that will be stronger than the feet but not as pretty. I will put down a 1/4” rubber mat - the type they use at gyms, which is virtually indestructible. This will absorb the irregularities in the tile floor and will be self-leveling.

On top of the mat, I will place composite decking boards, which will distribute the load from the edges of the stand.

I’ll hide it with white trim.

That’s not the best solution at all. You’ll still have pressure points at the high spots. Might level it but will create uneven load.

If I’m wrong someone correct me. I’m no engineer.

I ordered the damn feet. $28 for a pack of 5. Needed 21, paying for 25.

Big shout out to Kyle from Aqua Lab Aquaria for being extremely helpful and prompt in dealing with Red Sea!!!

Back