Our mission

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

@RandyC can you share your apex outlet setting for the ranco controller? Also what temp you have the Rancho set to for reference? I’m having some issues and want to see what’s up.

@RandyC can you share your apex outlet setting for the ranco controller? Also what temp you have the Rancho set to for reference? I’m having some issues and want to see what’s up.

I have a two stage Ranco controller and let the Ranco handle the heaters on/off cycles. I leave my neotherms set to 80F. Ranco is set for 78F and stage one goes on with a differential of 1 degree and stage two goes on with a differential of 2 degrees. I only use apex as a fail safe to turn off if heater goes above 80F.

13C8BFEE-27F9-4B67-8119-2F87CFCA8347.png

Thanks. I was overthinking it. I have it set up the same way. Just need to get a fan for the second stage.

I use two heaters on the Ranco for backup purposes. I have fans controlled on apex. I figure if Apex gets stuck on for fans, heaters will back me up and heat up the water until I hear the fans are on and turn them off if needed.

I use two heaters on the Ranco for backup purposes. I have fans controlled on apex. I figure if Apex gets stuck on for fans, heaters will back me up and heat up the water until I hear the fans are on and turn them off if needed.
Ahh. So you use the two stage both as heaters. Smart. I used A splitter on S1 to two heaters and was going to use S2 as a fan. But doing it your way is a good idea. So you have S2 set for 1 degree lower than s1?

Ahh. So you use the two stage both as heaters. Smart. I used A splitter on S1 to two heaters and was going to use S2 as a fan. But doing it your way is a good idea. So you have S2 set for 1 degree lower than s1?

no. Both s1 and s2 are set for 78F. I just set differential to be different - 1 degree on s1 and 2 degrees for s2.

Tank is still chugging along. My blue tang and Kole tang both have ich, maybe just maybe flukes. Typical. I’m sure my feedings with lots of Selcon soaked food will kick it.

My meat coral is looking a little bit better. So I will continue to dip it once a week until it looks normal again.
B033DFFC-7E7E-4B10-AEAD-21F5FE1A7C84.jpeg

Been spending most of my time remodeling this bathroom in the house
7EFCE3B4-3747-4245-84A2-82E28F0F421D.jpeg
CCC50F5C-8DF4-4307-A6F5-E2642048C7B0.jpeg

Keep your eyes on the feather dusters, I had a population blew up, at a point where it’s creeping up from my encrusting sps base and in between dead spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back