got ethical husbandry?

Black friday or cyber Monday?

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
This is my first holiday season back in the hobby in a long time. Do most of the online retailers like BRS have better deals black Friday or on Cyber Monday. I'd hate to not pull the trigger on a deal friday hoping monday would be better and miss out.

I got started last year using Black Friday deals. 99% of what I bought came from these deals, primarily from BRS, marine depot and saltwater aquarium. BRS would change up their freebie deal (when spending enough money) each day, but remember to put it in your cart because I only realized that portion of it after my third different purchase. The deals ran for several days on most the sites, I think a lot of them started combing BF and CM, but don’t remember for sure.

Marine Depot just sent out an email with good deals. All Neptune 10% off. Sicce pumps 30% off.

it's their live sale on r2r this weekend

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Those live sales seem to have really good deals, but they seem confusing. Does anyone have any experience and could share some tips?

I believe you buy a shipping package. Then try to buy a piece as soon as they post it on R2R? And basically you have to complete a full transaction multiple times, then they aggregate the order and ship it on the day you purchased a shipping slot?

This was the ad I saw

Attachments

• 0FEEACE5-7BA5-47A4-9169-FB7AC34B88E1.jpeg
    0FEEACE5-7BA5-47A4-9169-FB7AC34B88E1.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 185
Seams like everybody got the same deals.
I think MAP (Minimum advertised price) from manufacturers limits all the online vendors so they all give the same deals. I checked and the one day special lowest price I got my ApexEL at, is the current price. I think its nice that things are just priced at their sales price now and it’s a longer sale.

I’m thinking it’s a good time to get a backup pump since I use a sicce return and they are on sale everywhere

Those live sales seem to have really good deals, but they seem confusing. Does anyone have any experience and could share some tips?

I believe you buy a shipping package. Then try to buy a piece as soon as they post it on R2R? And basically you have to complete a full transaction multiple times, then they aggregate the order and ship it on the day you purchased a shipping slot?
Their live sales on R2R are the absolute worst thing. THE WORST. Generally a massive waste of time and very frustrating. Full of artificially pumped up false public positivity and private frustration and negativity, combined with a weird manipulation of psyche to make you feel so special and lucky in the very rare (maybe never) instances where you "win" a sale and save $20 after wasting hours and being super annoyed for most of that time. I’d rather pay a regular sale price and be able to actually get what I want. Then do something else with the other couple hours. Those are my tips.

i would rather support local LFS if there’s anything going on other than California reef, which I will definitely stop by please let me know. Either Ac or Neptune’s.

Back