Our mission

Innovative Marine 112 INT build

I think I am at that point where if I can get some assistance and suction cups, then I can get the tank on the stand very soon. This weekend but most likely next. I'll need to make sure the initial levelling of the stand survives the weight of the tank, then water too. Suction cups are all like 50 miles away so I may rent the ones SJ Reef has.

Filled up the 112g to check if it maintained level after it went on the stand. Looks like it did and it’s holding water up to the return pipe. I’m a happy happy guy today!

B09FD2FF-9ACA-4DB9-8199-D206D4BCAC0F.jpeg
C58BBF6B-65A1-4086-AB4B-237054019B38.jpeg
1682C683-366E-4012-A687-084FD76D930C.jpeg
55BE1594-10B1-454A-AE71-4A81D2A27287.jpeg
5AF03BD8-CFBE-4D2C-9C90-FB78876189BD.jpeg

Last edited:
Filled up the 112g to check if it maintained level after it went on the stand. Looks like it did and it’s holding water up to the return pipe. I’m a happy happy guy today!
If you really want to check:
Very carefully measure from the water level to the bottom of the tank, at all 4 corners.
They should match exactly.

If you really want to check:
Very carefully measure from the water level to the bottom of the tank, at all 4 corners.
They should match exactly.
Yes it's just a smidge lower towards the back right corner. Maybe 3/16" difference in water height left front corner to right rear corner.

Yes it's just a smidge lower towards the back right corner. Maybe 3/16" difference in water height left front corner to right rear corner.
That might not be so great. It implies a bit of twist on the tank, not just out of level.
My bet is that your floor is not so flat.
You might want to push a shim under the leg in the lower corner to get it leveled up.

The concrete floor is pretty bad. I have 1/2" of shims in the back left, 3/8" in the front left and 1/4" in the back right. It settled a bit on that back right corner after water was in it for at least half a day.

That might not be so great. It implies a bit of twist on the tank, not just out of level.
My bet is that your floor is not so flat.
You might want to push a shim under the leg in the lower corner to get it leveled up.
Guess I need to drain it and schedule a couple people to help lift it enough to slip another shim in.

Guess I need to drain it and schedule a couple people to help lift it enough to slip another shim in.
If you have a wedge shim, you can pound it in pretty easy when empty.
A trick there is once it is level, put another wedge shim in the opposite way, on top of the other.
Two triangles on top of each other make a rectangle, so it you have a flat supporting the leg, not just the edge of a wedge.
(hope that makes sense)

A trick there is once it is level, put another wedge shim in the opposite way, on top of the other.
Two triangles on top of each other make a rectangle, so it you have a flat supporting the leg, not just the edge of a wedge.
(hope that makes sense)
It does. Due to the design of the stand it's definitely not the best approach.

Terrible timing :( My back has been messed up for the past month and still not 100%, or I would be there. I do have suction cups if you need.
Thanks Casey! Hope that back heals up quick. Middle of summer isn’t ideal for a tank move OR back issues. I think I have enough help to get the shim added this afternoon. Just have to lift it enough to add a shim without wiggling it around and dislodging the rest of them. If I do need the suction cups I’ll give you a call. Love the people in BAR!

(hope that makes sense)
Wanted to say thank you for pushing the point so to speak. The easy path would be to ignore that slight deviation in level but the right thing is to do the hard thing and get it fixed now. I appreciate the push.

Back