Reef nutrition

Kinetic ELOS 120XL

Francois also sent me new screws that are supposed to not stick out. But they still stick out a lot and won’t work. You can also see an example of how bad the paint is. Sure this is the inside, but it’s like this throughout.

5C19FEF3-AC3D-4F60-BFC5-3EF816F1FB53.jpeg

309BAFAC-56A7-43EB-9295-73AFC0362DF7.jpeg

I hate that my build thread is just complaining, but a brand new tank that I paid over $7K for is really killing me.

Just spent a day cleaning the panels. They’re dirty and caked with dirt and grime. I’m thinking… I would do less work on a used tank. Did I really pay thousands for this?!

Here’s an example:

3DFA22D5-B0C2-4C72-83C8-707828F2980B.jpeg

It’s like tree sap that caught a ton of dirt. This is all over the panels.

I hate that my build thread is just complaining, but a brand new tank that I paid over $7K for is really killing me.

Just spent a day cleaning the panels. They’re dirty and caked with dirt and grime. I’m thinking… I would do less work on a used tank. Did I really pay thousands for this?!

Here’s an example:

View attachment 42573

It’s like tree sap that caught a ton of dirt. This is all over the panels.
And this is the last spot on this piece. I had already spent 30 minutes getting it this clean lol.

I was thinking maybe it sticks out, but has enough clearance. Nope.

View attachment 42571

View attachment 42572
Got a dremel on hand with a cut wheel? Just zip the screws down to proper size. Or I could help you with this tomorrow when I stop by. The picture makes it almost look like even with the screws flush with the stand there still wouldn't be enough room but that may seem like that due to the angle of the picture.

Got a dremel on hand with a cut wheel? Just zip the screws down to proper size. Or I could help you with this tomorrow when I stop by. The picture makes it almost look like even with the screws flush with the stand there still wouldn't be enough room but that may seem like that due to the angle of the picture.

Yup I have a dremel with a cut wheel. I can set up something to clamp it while I cut (I have a skeleton set, at best, of tools right now). But I think Francois still owes me some stuff to send, so I’ll see if he has the actual screws and can just add it to the next package of things. If not I’m sure I can just get a clamp setup somewhere and get it done. But thanks a ton for your offer! I super appreciate it.

Bad photo but I just found the inside of panels also with grime spots all along the sides. I wonder what caused it. I’ll just keep scrubbing

55CF3608-3FEE-4393-9B2D-03A56720CB4C.jpeg

Pro tip! Put a nut on the screw before you make the cut, so the threads get re-died after the cut from taking the nut off.

Some of the bottom edges of the panels I thought were just dirty adhesive turns out to be really rough damage that’s weirdly yellowed. I tried to clean it off, but I’m thinking it’s actually just busted.

Some of it definitely shows on the outside of the stand, especially because it’s yellow. Yuck. White out?! These panels are PVC I believe. I’ll probably need to get some kind of paint to patch it up.

69BDD5AE-8408-40D3-A34C-1097FFA00FAA.jpeg

Francois also sent me new screws that are supposed to not stick out. But they still stick out a lot and won’t work. You can also see an example of how bad the paint is. Sure this is the inside, but it’s like this throughout.

View attachment 42569

View attachment 42570
It’s better to just got to a local Ace hardware or fastenal and get the correct machine screws. You risk damaging the inner threads when cutting the screws.

It’s better to just got to a local Ace hardware or fastenal and get the correct machine screws. You risk damaging the inner threads when cutting the screws.
I've cut plenty of screws this way at work. Some cuts do require a bit of careful clean up of the first thread so it'll start clean. I've also learned how to do that with the cut wheel.

There's clearance for tubing and the clamps on both hose barbs in that screw area? That right one also looks right against the side with a hole in it, too. Annoyance ahead.

Back