got ethical husbandry?

IM EXT 200 Peninsula Aquarium w∕ APS Stand - White

I looked on the eco tech simulator and they say 2xmp40s are enough . So I don’t really know to be honest . Thinking about starting with that and upgrade . The dual return on each side should help too
I think that's optimistic based on my research - people seem to really struggle with scum on top of the water at the end of the tank, and deadspots down below with pumps on one side only. Seems that a lot of people cave and put a gyre at the end - either along the top or two vertical ones in each corner on alternating flow. You'll have to let me know how that goes! I have no personal experience with this, just been consuming a lot of forum posts...

Cool sump! You'll have a lot of extra space down there along the side and at the end - you going to try and fit all of your electronics and dosing equipment in there or will you have any additional storage or cabinetry connected?

I am keeping the option to add an extra cabinet near the main one to store additional equipments. Haven’t made up my mind yet .
I am getting impatient haha

I think that's optimistic based on my research - people seem to really struggle with scum on top of the water at the end of the tank, and deadspots down below with pumps on one side only. Seems that a lot of people cave and put a gyre at the end - either along the top or two vertical ones in each corner on alternating flow. You'll have to let me know how that goes! I have no personal experience with this, just been consuming a lot of forum posts...

Cool sump! You'll have a lot of extra space down there along the side and at the end - you going to try and fit all of your electronics and dosing equipment in there or will you have any additional storage or cabinetry connected?
I was looking at the peninsula tank at Neptune and they just have 2 powerhead but and heavier rock scaping. Well at least that’s an easy upgrade

@Beanju I am pretty close to pulling the trigger, but cannot decide between EXT and INT. I like the cleaner interior look of the EXT but how are you planning to hide the plumbing? Looks like it just kinda sticks out the back?

@Beanju I am pretty close to pulling the trigger, but cannot decide between EXT and INT. I like the cleaner interior look of the EXT but how are you planning to hide the plumbing? Looks like it just kinda sticks out the back?

Not the 200 ext, but here’s what the plumbing looks like on my 75 Ext. If there’s not much light shining in the area and you went with black pvc pipe, it might not be as noticeable.

D80098B5-8938-4402-A168-795CBB3702EF.jpeg
CACA96C1-F299-4BE6-A2E1-54C587D72843.jpeg
767E82FA-4311-4339-9883-60D06439A614.jpeg

I initially bought the INT, and after reading fews reviews , I emailed IM to switch to an EXT. More space for the fish, easier to clean the overflow. I will go like @RandyC initially but with black PVC indeed, and if the look bothers me, I will just get a piece of wood, paint in white and fill the gap, something I can remove easily

Awesome, appreciate the pics that's very helpful. My peninsula won't be up against a wall on the end, but rather a tall cabinet nestled into the corner. Then the peninsula will extend out past a low wall in our entry area (similar to Michael's setup). The black lines are normal walls, the grey line is where the low wall starts that will be at the height of the stand, so the first foot or so of the peninsula will have a wall behind it. Not sure if I want to cut a tall hole in the cabinet for the external pipes on the EXT to fit into or just go with an INT. I'll need a hole in the cabinet either way and I worry if I don't fit the pipes in there it'll look pretty ugly with a gap and pipes and then a visible hole in the cabinet.

1667843478857.png

I'm not sure when/if I'll be able to upgrade, but the IM EXT 200 Peninsula is very high up on my list so I'm loving all the detail & thought going into this build!

@SepToob - if you do pull the trigger, I can help get the tank in place. I even have 4 sets of suction cups and a (mostly) healthy back :p

I'm not sure when/if I'll be able to upgrade, but the IM EXT 200 Peninsula is very high up on my list so I'm loving all the detail & thought going into this build!

@SepToob - if you do pull the trigger, I can help get the tank in place. I even have 4 sets of suction cups and a (mostly) healthy back :p
Where are you located :) if you wanna practice before doing @SepToob haha

Back