Our mission

First CFM of the 2023!!! Volunteers still needed!!!

Can you sell at CFM? I have a bunch of zoa, sps, softies, that I would sell. I know in previous years Bar had some ppl selling.
You can always trade in corals at like Neptune for store credit. Chat with @robert4025 there. But the BAR both is pretty much for community engagement and informing people.

Reactions: JVU
Just curios, why are you guys helping out every year? Just to get discounted tickets ?
Or this is a way to get new members maybe.
Mostly for outreach for BAR. It’s amazing how many reefers in the area don’t even know the club exists, or think it’s something other than what it is. A lot of current members found BAR through outreach at events like this.

The discounted tickets are a nice perk for the members but not the main thing.

In the past we also ran the raffle there and made some funds for the club that way, but more recently we haven’t felt that part was worth it.

Maybe I. The future we should pitch in and sell some stuff it would be a great way to engage any make some cash
There is a pretty high bar for the sellers. There is often a lot of high end, or very well manicured coral frags and selling coral for a whole day takes a lot of equipment many of us don't keep like the small/shallow frag tanks, light setups, underwater price tags, filters etc. Go to check it out and learn what you can. If you want to get into coral sales, more power to you but it is a lot harder than selling frags out of our tanks at home.

Can you sell at CFM? I have a bunch of zoa, sps, softies, that I would sell. I know in previous years Bar had some ppl selling.
I only know of one BAR member who has sold and they had their own booth with all the fixings mentioned above. Again, way harder than you are likely thinking.

Not sure but years ago when the cfm was down at the college did BAR ever raffle off some clown fish? Also Cfm did their own raffle down their don’t remember it continuing at the new location?

Not sure but years ago when the cfm was down at the college did BAR ever raffle off some clown fish? Also Cfm did their own raffle down their don’t remember it continuing at the new location?
Cfm usually does a raffle. They didn't do it at the last one but the others have all had them.

Ticket sales for supporting members is now live.

I won some clownfish at the college but I think it was during a frag swap or meeting

Yes we used to do this and cfm did a raffle too. Lately no raffles are at cfm.

What time is setup on Friday? I'll be there both days but Saturday my family will probably be with me so I wouldn't be able to do the booth but can help out on Friday if needed.

Back