High Tide Aquatics

09/10 Member only frag swap

Attending?

• Total voters
This is my first swap i will be attending. I just wanted to peak in and see how this all works.
Link in the main post: https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/how-does-a-bar-frag-swap-work.17917/

TL;DR:
  • You bring 3 different frags that aren't on the banned list.
  • We check you in.
  • You receive a group (A, B, C, etc.)
  • We put all the corals received from members on tables organized by type (softy, LPS, SPS, etc)
  • Starting with Group A, each group is given a few minutes to pick a coral.
  • When your time's up, the next group is called up and they pick.
  • Repeat for a few cycles until organizers get bored and call out a free-for-all for everyone to grab whatever they want.

I have a bunch of frags but I wanted to give them out as part of the DBTC, can i bring them?
@JVU are we going to have a dbtc table again? I think it worked well last time.
Yes! I thought it worked well too, we’ll keep doing It.

Hey all! I'm just a few months in and was told about this group yesterday. I don't have anything to swap and don't think I need anything, but would love to come to learn and see how it works. Is this a spectator friendly event, or is there a better forum for curious newbies?

Hey all! I'm just a few months in and was told about this group yesterday. I don't have anything to swap and don't think I need anything, but would love to come to learn and see how it works. Is this a spectator friendly event, or is there a better forum for curious newbies?
Very spectator friendly!

Also we have a rule that supporting members who don’t have 3 coral frags to enter in to the swap but who would like to participate can join in picking corals to take on the third round. Gives you a chance to see how it works first. You don’t have to decide now, you can decide then. It’s a low-stress way to have the option to join in the fun once you’re there. We made that option in 2019 then covid happened and kinda reset everything so I don’t think we’ve had much of a chance to use it yet.

Just curious @jonmedina, where did you hear about us?

Back