Are you attending

• Yes

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Only supporting members can swap. So she can help you, but not as a second swapper. Unless of course she also becomes a supporting member separate from you, then she can swap separately. Either way, families are invited for the social aspect.

Only supporting members can swap. So she can help you, but not as a second swapper. Unless of course she also becomes a supporting member separate from you, then she can swap separately. Either way, families are invited for the social aspect.
Nice.. I will be there then!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Question (hopefully I don’t sound nutty)

My family’s been trying to reduce our plastic use lately. Would it be weird if I brought frags in mason jars? I’m probably bringing less than a dozen. So, it wouldn’t be a huge expense.

I don’t have any prior containers around and don’t want to but a huge sleeve of new ones.

Mason jars? well that definitely would be something new. Probably could do something like a piece of clear wrap on top with the jar lid to get see through. Definitely would be a neat thing IMO... expensive but neat.

As for reduction of plastic, totally admirable but if you want to reduce plastic waste don't throw them away, rinse off the ones you bring home, dry them off and store them for the next swap.

Mason jars? well that definitely would be something new. Probably could do something like a piece of clear wrap on top with the jar lid to get see through. Definitely would be a neat thing IMO... expensive but neat.

As for reduction of plastic, totally admirable but if you want to reduce plastic waste don't throw them away, rinse off the ones you bring home, dry them off and store them for the next swap.
I re-use mine for that very reason.

I would definitely reuse from past swaps, but it’s been a few years since I’ve been to one. So, all my old containers have either broken or been given away at this point.

Clear tops are very helpful when there are a bunch of frag containers next to each other.

But if we have a clear-top rule it is not enforced. Some of our long term and most valuable members block out the entire top with a label so you can’t see in from the top.

Also for what it’s worth, glass jars might actually be easier to see into than the plastic.

The real problem with using glass jars as the more eco-friendly container is that almost no one is going to keep and reuse them since they aren’t the norm and don’t stack for storage. So they will probably throw them out. At that point you have just contributed to carbon footprint/landfill/etc at least 10-fold vs plastic cups that likely will be reused.

Do we have to bring "normal" coral as well or is all bonus/ultra coral okay? If we only bring bonus/ultra coral will those still get us bonus tickets if we do not bring anything else? I ask because the easiest thing for me to do would be to frag my zoas for this event and a fair bit of them happen to fall on the bonus/ultra list. Sorry this is my first swap and trying to figure things out. Thanks!

Bonus/ultra corals count for general admission as well. You can bring all bonus/ultra corals if you want. You’ll get to continue with the normal rounds after the bonus rounds.

By the way, I will be bringing some free stuff (zoas and stuff)... is there going to be a "free table" again?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back