• Yes

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
I wasn't insulting you.

Others have mentioned it a few times so I assume others are bringing some free corals and there will be a table.
Neither did I, and I didn't took offense [emoji16][emoji16]
Sorry I was too direct.

That's the problem with messages, it's hard to get the tone of it.

No problem here [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was planning to show up at the frag swap as a spectator, but then I realized that I might actually be able to participate too. I have a few hesitances, so I figured best to ask here:

1) The pieces in question are doing great (see picture below, colors are accurate, I just took the picture), and I won't bring them if the don't continue to do great, but I did just bring them from my tank in Dallas to my new tank here (fresh cuts, dipped, transported).
2) The JF Fox Flame (center, on the Ultra list) is only 3/4". It's a full and honest 3/4", but not 1".
3) On the plus side, the PC rainbow (on the bonus list, second from right is almost 2" (does this compensate for the FF?).
4) For a bonus ticket do all 3 frags need to be on the same type (SPS, LPS, Zoa), or can I say bring 2 frags of hornets (in the background out of focus) and the PC rainbow for my three?
5) If I understand correctly: One ultra, 3 bonus, and 3 regulars gets me 2 bonus round tickets, then I need 3 other frags of some sort (but not on the banned list) for admission to the regular swap rounds?

IMG_0158.jpg

I can answer a couple of the questions:

4) The frags do not need to be the same type. 2 hornets and 1 PC rainbow is fine, provided of course that each frag meets the minimum polyp/size requirement.

5) Correct, 1 ultra and 3 bonus and 3 regulars will get you 2 bonus tickets and an entrance. As for if you can bring 3 bonus frags alone to get one ticket and count as your entrance frags, I’m not really sure.

Smart and Final is where I get my containers.

@jcaclimber, to answer your questions-

You should definitely participate if you can, even if you don’t have bonus corals (only regular corals) to contribute.

If the corals are healthy to best of your knowledge they can be used. Good intentions are the key.

In general the size limitations are required for counting as bonus or ultra, but they are for your reference as a lot of this is done by the honor system. Of course everyone writes their name on everything so there is some level of accountability.

Having another coral larger than the minimum doesn’t make up for the smaller one for bonus/ultra purposes, since I probably won’t get both :)

For bonus tickets, they don’t all need to be on the same list, you can mix/match. Also, max of 2 of the exact same coral per 3-coral grouping.

You need to bring 3 or more non-banned corals to participate in the regular swap, which can be any combination of ultra, bonus, or regular corals. In addition, for each 1 ultra or 3 bonus corals you get a bonus round ticket. So if you are already bringing 3 or more bonus/ultra corals you don’t have to also bring regular corals. Of course, the more the merrier!

I’ve tried different sources for the deli containers (local and online) and agree that Smart and Final is best. The 16oz containers are probably the best all around with plenty of water for buffering, they also have smaller and larger ones available for different size frags.

These are the ones I got at S&F:
674ef817ef37d092d93c6a7f2e5055cd.jpg

As long as the general requirement of

Is also met though right? otherwise you could swap with just 1 ultra frag

Well to get into the bonus round with bonus corals, you will need 3 corals in their own clear containers.

I'll leave it to the BOD to decide if 1 Ultra qualifies.

Well to get into the bonus round with bonus corals, you will need 3 corals in their own clear containers.

I'll leave it to the BOD to decide if 1 Ultra qualifies.
Well the thing is the requirements for the swap are "3 different corals", while for a bonus ticket you can give give 3 of the same coral, so there's some discrepancy there as well. The mention of the ultra was just the most extreme example. Personally I think the swap is it's own beast, so the requirements for that must be adhered to first and foremost, everything else is just that... bonus.

But I agree, the BOD needs to perhaps clarify this point since there is a bit of confusion between two members who have been to a few swaps in the past :)

These are two separate issues.

1. Requirements to join the swap
Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.

2. Bonus round
One Ultra coral provides you with one bonus ticket.

Well the thing is the requirements for the swap are "3 different corals", while for a bonus ticket you can give give 3 of the same coral, so there's some discrepancy there as well. The mention of the ultra was just the most extreme example. Personally I think the swap is it's own beast, so the requirements for that must be adhered to first and foremost, everything else is just that... bonus.

But I agree, the BOD needs to perhaps clarify this point since there is a bit of confusion between two members who have been to a few swaps in the past :)

You cannot have 3 of the same coral to qualify for a bonus ticket.

Bonus Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
  • Example: 1) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 2) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 3) Gold Hammer = OKAY

I thought the same requirement were for the regular swap but it does not look that way. Been a while since I looked at that requirement.

These are two separate issues.

1. Requirements to join the swap
Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.

2. Bonus round
One Ultra coral provides you with one bonus ticket.
I think this sums it up. You need at least 3 corals to participate from the beginning. 3 standard corals (that aren't on the ban list) get you in, 3 bonus corals gets you in and a bonus ticket. 3 ultra corals would get you in and 3 bonus tickets.

No corals and you can start picking on the third regular round (I think).

Back