Are you attending

• Yes

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
Here are the totals from the frag swap, at least those that I know of.
52 members attended. This includes 2 new members.
Sales from raffle tickets and t-shirt sales were about $721.00. Total money taken in from the auction is not known, but about $170 was paid with cash. Total dollar amount, not counting for PayPal payments was $891.00.
@rygh, when you are ready to receive the cash box, let me know.

This was a very good event with little or no complaints from the members. Also a great venue in spite of the construction and the Hindu Spring event.

Big thanks to the BOD, and Tim for setting up this swap. Even though I wasn't participating in the swap I still got to enjoy in hanging out, talking with people, having people Respect muh authoritah!, and seeing the super colorful people participating in the Holi festival was super fun. Overall guys, good job, even if I needed a nap when I got home.

Big thanks to the BOD, and Tim for setting up this swap. Even though I wasn't participating in the swap I still got to enjoy in hanging out, talking with people, having people Respect muh authoritah!, and seeing the super colorful people participating in the Holi festival was super fun. Overall guys, good job, even if I needed a nap when I got home.
I second that.. Great job!!

It was awesome indeed

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wow, it was so great to see everyone. Sorry for starting/running late. A bit hectic but that’s what keeps it interesting :)

HUGE thanks to Tim for hosting and putting up with us. And delicious beverages I’d like to add.

I asked the Taco truck guy and he said they did well, I think the festival helped.

BAR did well too! We are planning some more shared equipment purchases and interesting social events hopefully including great speakers this year, so your money will be well spent.

Remember everyone, you need to dip all your new coral. There are lots of good ways to do it including just following the instructions on the bottle of whatever you use, but here’s a good article:
https://reefbuilders.com/2015/08/15/quarantine-corals/

Thank you to BAR and all the volunteers and members for this event. It was a great time and I enjoyed seeing friends and familiar bar members meeting and talking to new people. Well done bod and I hope we have another event in SF again soon. Have a great weekend all. Cheers [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JVU
It was fun seeing everyone as always. Thanks!

a298e2c68de19666354e0d39b2d55f25.jpg

4bccddac1ede228fe2ee0e3cd64d9db4.jpg
9a6024ae78f59d6631e88ced85956bd7.jpg
8fb0513b66ef4d9628ef4725ec40b559.jpg
7df3a2f6e7cc39bb6b5ced832ee58b1a.jpg

What a fun swap! Thanks to everyone who worked to plan it out. There certainly were a lot of frags being shared there. (Did anyone else park downwind of people covered in colored powder and get a colorful car? One guy was shaking his shirt as I was putting stuff in my car. He saw it fly all over then tried to wipe it off, which was a mistake. Added to the fun of the day.) Looking forward to the next event.

I want to thank the BOD for organizing this event. Thank you Tim for opening your business to our shenanigans and thanks to the community for making it such a great swap. This was definitely one of the best swaps I've been to. I can't believe what was on the tables and how much of it there was. Very well organized and well done.

Next time, I'll have some stuff to donate in advance (like the "frag life" shirt and some frag racks).

Thanks again, it was worth the trip and it's nice to put names to faces.

I had a lot of fun today, great to talk with so many people, awesome frags been shared and really good organization

Thanks Tim for the generous offer to host and the BAR BOD and event organizers. It was nice being back at a BAR event for the first time in a few years.

My daughter was really happy to pick out a Orange Leptosis and my son picked out a green hairy mushroom - he was worried it was going to get picked :)

Great to make some new connections too.

Your daughter also has a good set of lungs as was great at calling out time between rounds... at least I think that was your daughter, if I'm mistaken I apologize. Really saves on my voice in these events, normally I'm very hoarse by the end of the event, and between Jon, Kimmie and her I hardly had to say a thing :D

I got this beauty. The bottom is fleshy. Can I glue it to a rock?
9c73d9cc5a7996d035ce22b5d20b041c.jpg

Glue won’t stick to the flesh. You’ll want to rubber band it around rock or stick a toothpick through its base then rubber band the toothpick to a rock

Back