Kessil

3rd time's a charm 85g Rimless tank

week 2 update

the live stock on my 30 g has been transferred on Sunday, all seem good so far. I also added a,large bottle of Bio-Spira as an added supplement of live nitrifying bacteria that detoxify ammonia and nitrite.

here are some pics of the live stock

IMG_20200112_145353.jpg

BTW currently I am running the SPS 14000 Kelvin Custom Program from AQAMAI LRM, and by custom, I meant I changed the time from 7am Sunrise, 11am Mid-Day Full Sun, 3pm ramp down, 7pm off, the new times are 9am Sunrise, 12noon Mid Day Full sun, 5pm ramp down, 9pm lights off.

the picture above is on ramp-down mode

BTW currently I am running the SPS 14000 Kelvin Custom Program from AQAMAI LRM, and by custom, I meant I changed the time from 7am Sunrise, 11am Mid-Day Full Sun, 3pm ramp down, 7pm off, the new times are 9am Sunrise, 12noon Mid Day Full sun, 5pm ramp down, 9pm lights off.

the picture above is on ramp-down mode
Nice! How are you liking the LRMs?

In case you haven't tested PAR, you get about 350PAR at the surface and then about 80-100 down at bottom... give or take

I just swapped out my LRMs with some Radion XR30W Pro G3s.

One of my LRMs seem to have a dimmed LED set, and I realized i have even G4s in a box still... so swapping out until my next build.

Nice! How are you liking the LRMs?

In case you haven't tested PAR, you get about 350PAR at the surface and then about 80-100 down at bottom... give or take

I just swapped out my LRMs with some Radion XR30W Pro G3s.

One of my LRMs seem to have a dimmed LED set, and I realized i have even G4s in a box still... so swapping out until my next build.

so far I love them, they give a nice color spectrum and seem good so far. time will tell. what spectrum did you ran? I choose the SPS 14000 kelvin and created a new custom from set, just to adjust the times

also if needed I can lower the lights a bit to increase PAR as they wont be so high of the water

so far I love them, they give a nice color spectrum and seem good so far. time will tell. what spectrum did you ran? I choose the SPS 14000 kelvin and created a new custom from set, just to adjust the times

also if needed I can lower the lights a bit to increase PAR as they wont be so high of the water
I ran the high growth formula... only down side is that you are burning actnics all through the night... but it was effective. I then switched over to a custom set based on time and color preferences to mimic sunrise and sunset. Loved it.

I ran the high growth formula... only down side is that you are burning actnics all through the night... but it was effective. I then switched over to a custom set based on time and color preferences to mimic sunrise and sunset. Loved it.
on the high growth did you experience algae? it seems it has lots of red and green.... I was thinking of the Color Enhancer but I don't want my UV on all night either

on the high growth did you experience algae? it seems it has lots of red and green.... I was thinking of the Color Enhancer but I don't want my UV on all night either
I didn't and then I did.. but I can't say if it's the light per se. I moved some rocks in that were contaminated with GHA... and then I fought it, and then it came back.

Oh and I have a QT tank with some friends waiting to come to the main tank, my daughters made a sign the "Fish Clinic" [emoji6]

Today we visited a local fish store and got a small Yellow Tang, and 2nd Pecula Clown, and few Chromis Damsel's, they will be there for about 3-4 weeks, the tank has Cupramine to get rid of any pathogens.

56bdfd6194e257b934b897eb39948f88.jpg

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Man, you don't play around... i am getting tank shamed through your thread. Since you and i literally have the same set up, there is nothing I can say but wow (while feeling remorse that i should have put more effort into the plumbing and setup)!

Might have to redo my plumbing since I now know how much more awesome the tank can be! :)

Which LFS did you stock up at?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Man, you don't play around... i am getting tank shamed through your thread. Since you and i literally have the same set up, there is nothing I can say but wow (while feeling remorse that i should have put more effort into the plumbing and setup)!

Might have to redo my plumbing since I now know how much more awesome the tank can be! :)

Which LFS did you stock up at?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the comments.

Believe me, in the past I had set up my tanks as quick as I could, not taking any time to do anything like the plumbing a bit more presentable. So this time I decided to take as much time as I need to slowly build it.

As for the store, I visited the 6th avenue aquarium, for their Sunday bag sale, and the reason why the fish will be in the QT tank with Cupramine for 3+ weeks. I know that store have a bad reputation, but their Sunday bag sale is about 50% cheaper on fish than most stores. You just need to check the fish carefully and QT .

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back