High Tide Aquatics

3rd time's a charm 85g Rimless tank

2x JEBAO PP8 DC Controllable wave pumps

IMG_20200103_212252.jpg

Coming along nicely - you have been busy. What are you running with the 3 valves in the return line? Waiting to see where the dosing containers go - what are you dosing besides Ca, Alk, and I guess Mg?

Coming along nicely - you have been busy. What are you running with the 3 valves in the return line? Waiting to see where the dosing containers go - what are you dosing besides Ca, Alk, and I guess Mg?

I will be dosing AQUAFOREST COMPONENT 1+2+3+ (Ca/MG/kH and trace+Strontium) then I will add on the next 2 bottles with the slave dozer (future) Aminoacids and some form of coral food COMPONENT A+B+C. all from AQUAFOREST recommended chart.

as for the 3 valves, 1 is for the UV Sterilizer, the 2nd is going to be for a Dual Carbon & GFO Mini Reactors I am making and the 3rd will be spare for future needs.

AQUAFOREST Link guide

Last edited:
This manifold is scary lol.
Just make sure you are not compromising and end up having low return flow rate. Nothing kill a reef like a slow return flow.
Reeferwa under estimate it sometimes only to deal with high nutrients and low reef health regardless of how good their mechanical filtration in the sump is...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's why I choose the DCP -5000, it should have plenty of flow to keep up with the add-on UV and reactors

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

That's why I choose the DCP -5000, it should have plenty of flow to keep up with the add-on UV and reactors

Well just watch out.
Yoi will be suprised how bad dc pumps behave under simple head pressure.
Do not refer to the spec only to decide what your flow is..
I have tested many pumps using accurate flow meter under the same setup..
Many results where shocking. As an example: vectra 3100gph pump, it was barely 900gph on 2 meter straight head pressure.
With dc pumps only abyzz and red dragon were good on their spec.
Ac pumps were mostly good especially syncra
Vectra, neptune pump were the worst in term of what is spec'ed on the box vs what you get with head preasure...

Well just watch out.
Yoi will be suprised how bad dc pumps behave under simple head pressure.
Do not refer to the spec only to decide what your flow is..
I have tested many pumps using accurate flow meter under the same setup..
Many results where shocking. As an example: vectra 3100gph pump, it was barely 900gph on 2 meter straight head pressure.
With dc pumps only abyzz and red dragon were good on their spec.
Ac pumps were mostly good especially syncra
Vectra, neptune pump were the worst in term of what is spec'ed on the box vs what you get with head preasure...

I will keep an eye on the flow, I tried to keep it as simple return as possible to reduce as much turns as posible

Back