Our mission

3rd time's a charm 85g Rimless tank

c255f7340b60067ca532c52d5c034260.jpg

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

And lastly, I have setup a coral QT tank, as 2 frags had Bryopsis, so they are now isolated and with REEF FLUX.

Will see if that stuff actually works....
07e1db93ce03cfeb7ff93539f3a85640.jpg
ac6c268b06b95bb20e0b5eeca795f032.jpg
f8442573e8d40ce31cdbb6585cd2de42.jpg

No, I only dip on Lugols for pest... I don't think removing the frag from an encrusted plug can prevent me from Algaes... Does it?

Frag plugs can sometimes have small aptasia, majanos, ich cycsts, and who knows what else.
Dips can get some of those, but not all.
So it is generally a bit safer to remove and discard, but not required.

do you use MELAFIX as a dip?

Get rid of the frag plugs and foreign rock/rubble before putting it in your. Plugs and dead skeleton is prime real estate for egg laying (e.g., acro eating flatworm, monti eating nudi eggs, ich cysts etc.)

I use both Bioadvanced (old name: Bayer) dip and Melafix pond for dipping new frags before the go into one of my tanks.

What light did you run for the coral qt ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found a good deal on 2 used Hipagero A029 30w LED they seem to have a decent reviews.

And for a QT Coral tank is plenty... I currently am running about 50% blue 10% white as the tank is only 7.5g but this are tested on 20g cubes with decent PAR
b0f404361e9f82bf53d12ba893db233d.jpg
890b86d61bf7da7b5be70ca3a3247e74.jpg

quick update:

well, today I transferred back the corals (zoas, palys and mushrooms that I had in QT running REEF FLUX, the algae completely gone and never comeback. ran from 2/8-2/21 and 100% gone.

today they are back on my main tank.. also few new frag additions: (Thanks to Mike in Livermore, Ca)

CB The Thing anacropora
CB The Thing anacropora.jpg
ASD Purple Austera
ASD Purple Austera.jpg
ASD Deep Blue tort
ASD Deep Blue Tort.jpg
Bubblegum Digitata
Bubblegum Digitata.jpg
Neon Green Psammacorra
Neon Green Psammocora.jpg
Tri-Color Poccillopora Damicornis
Tri Color Poccillopora damicornis.jpg
Green Metallic "Manny" Hammer
Metallic Green Branching Hammer.jpg
Purple Death Palythoa
Purple Death Palythoa.jpg
Nuclear Green Palythoa
Nuclear_Green Palythoa.jpg
Armor of God Palythoa
Armor Of God Palythoa.jpg

I found a good deal on 2 used Hipagero A029 30w LED they seem to have a decent reviews.

And for a QT Coral tank is plenty... I currently am running about 50% blue 10% white as the tank is only 7.5g but this are tested on 20g cubes with decent PAR
b0f404361e9f82bf53d12ba893db233d.jpg
890b86d61bf7da7b5be70ca3a3247e74.jpg

Hipargeros are decent lights. I regret not getting a second one of their 65W disco balls when the were available. Inpower my shroom tank with one

quick update: Sorry for the lack of updates... been a bit busy doing a slight remodeling on my garage

the tank still going, not much of a change, except unfortunately I got RED Flatworms... and I keep looking for a Yellow Coris Wrasse or a 6 line, and no LFS have them, neither a Blue Velvet Nudi or even worse a Sapphire Damsel (Springer Damsel).

if anyone knows where to get this beneficial fishes, please let me know.

quick update: Sorry for the lack of updates... been a bit busy doing a slight remodeling on my garage

the tank still going, not much of a change, except unfortunately I got RED Flatworms... and I keep looking for a Yellow Coris Wrasse or a 6 line, and no LFS have them, neither a Blue Velvet Nudi or even worse a Sapphire Damsel (Springer Damsel).

if anyone knows where to get this beneficial fishes, please let me know.
Neptune usually has one of these...not one of each... but at least one of the species on your list.

Back