Jestersix

Adding Tang(s)

I got my yellow eye kole tang from Bay Bridge. Received a full QT regimen with microscopy confirmation. It took a full two months for the fish to clear. Granted, it was during early phase of Covid-19. The fish is doing great eats well and grazes constantly. And kole is super chill.

How do you communicate with Bay Bridge? I’ve tried here and via email and never get a response. I’m too far away to just go and take a look.

How do you communicate with Bay Bridge? I’ve tried here and via email and never get a response. I’m too far away to just go and take a look.

They are super responsive on Facebook message. Their phone is always busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was there a couple months ago and they had a million moorish idols. If they’re still there they’re probably pretty hardy...

How much they asking?

Pods have nothing to do with a reef or not.

let me clarify my comment. What makes them non reef safe? From my reading they’ll pick at reef inhabitants, but maybe that would help keep them fed and be sustainable in a big established reef. I guess I’d consider that “reef safe with caution” rather than non reef safe like a big angel. Thoughts?

Depends what you are ok with them eating. What “reef inhabitants” are you talking about exactly? Almost all fish will eat pods, that wouldn’t concern me. Shrimp? Not cool with that...and corals? Hell no

Ok, so my plan right now is to go to bay bridge this weekend and pick up two tangs. I’m leaning on a Kole and a Convict but it depends on their size. Chances are that they will be smaller than my powder brown. I will introduce them after lights out and will also place a mirror.

Any thoughts?

I haven't housed multiple tangs but been reading about it. One flag is having two of the same genus (Acanthurus). This post has lots of good insights:

Back