got ethical husbandry?

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

I updated my coral spreadsheet today and I have some interesting statistics.

I have approximately 70 pieces of coral in the tank.

45% are LPS
40% are SPS
15% are softies

67% came from BAR
14% came from LFSs
The rest came from online vendors with Battle Corals leading the pack at 10%

I've spent way too much money...

I updated my coral spreadsheet today and I have some interesting statistics.

I have approximately 70 pieces of coral in the tank.

45% are LPS
40% are SPS
15% are softies

67% came from BAR
14% came from LFSs
The rest came from online vendors with Battle Corals leading the pack at 10%

I've spent way too much money...
That’s why you aren’t supposed to have a price column on something like that!

Do you track polyp/head count for anything?It would be a pain for zoas, but not so bad for euphylia or some LPS. I eventually would want to do something like that. I think graphing the growth rate could yield some interesting finds but it would require a lot of time to get enough data

That’s why you aren’t supposed to have a price column on something like that!

Do you track polyp/head count for anything?It would be a pain for zoas, but not so bad for euphylia or some LPS. I eventually would want to do something like that. I think graphing the growth rate could yield some interesting finds but it would require a lot of time to get enough data

I see that on some entries I marked the polyp/head count initially, but I was not consistent.

I convinced Adam at Battle Corals to sell me some larger frags/colonies of his less-desirable stuff and it came in today.

This one was labeled "E-City Table". It is a huge, fuzzy colony. Green but very pretty.
The Garf Bonsai from @Rostato seems pleased to have a new neighbor.

e-city-table.jpg

Next is a chunky piece of Pink Tip Sarmentosa - about 3" tall

pink-tip-sarmentosa.jpg

This was labeled "Ultimo Pinky" and came in partially bleached, so hoping it will recover.

ultimo-pinky.jpg

And, as he always does, he threw in a free frag. This is Rainbow's Army

rainbows-army.jpg

Wow, how did it survive shipping? did it frag it self a little in the shipping bag. It looks like it stayed in one big chunk

that’s cool!

My first random RTN (I think). It’s the green slimer and it started this afternoon.

433d72a54a3fb1a5cc3913d6c5dd3fa1.jpg

My green Slimer has been STNing since October 4th. Still don’t know why. While searching on R2R I found some talking about using amoxicillin a antibiotic to treat RTN/STN. There was a scientific study on using antibiotics and it seemed promising. I just bought some on chewy and will report back after I’ve done the dips.

My green Slimer has been STNing since October 4th. Still don’t know why. While searching on R2R I found some talking about using amoxicillin a antibiotic to treat RTN/STN. There was a scientific study on using antibiotics and it seemed promising. I just bought some on chewy and will report back after I’ve done the dips.

Thanks!

Well I’ve done my second dip today. I’ll have to take pictures for the next 7 days to see if the tissue has actually stopped receding. Comparing yesterday and today it seems like it might have stopped.

Back