Kessil

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

What’s the purpose of adding carbon?
Carbon will help with no3 and po4 but especially no3.
Carbon will act as a filter that will pull off nutrients from the water column and purify the water. You will actually see improved water quality in couple of days of adding the carbon. I highly advice u do so.

Carbon will act as a filter that will pull off nutrients from the water column and purify the water. You will actually see improved water quality in couple of days of adding the carbon. I highly advice u do so.
I didn’t know carbon did much to no3 and po4. I understood it to be kind of like a water polisher removing chemical toxins (which I guess both of those are).

On a side note, I moved 4 large Mexican turbo snails to my sump because they kept knocking down my frags and now my sump is clean as a whistle. They did an amazing job and are too big to get sucked into anything.

On a side note, I moved 4 large Mexican turbo snails to my sump because they kept knocking down my frags and now my sump is clean as a whistle. They did an amazing job and are too big to get sucked into anything.

I might just do that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love how turbo snails are just giant derps. They're like the snail equivalent of golden retrievers: "EAT THE ALGAE! EAT THE ALGAE!" without caring what gets in their way.

The nems are encroaching on the Euphyllia.

de6bb9e2065e3dec2d61a55d31c32621.mov

I also noticed my tank would start to smell when it was time to switch carbon. So I will continue to use it as a salty stench reduction

I want to add some flow to help dissipate the Cyano but:

1. I don’t want to turn up my existing power heads because that’ll disturb the anemones
2. None of the spares I have will stick to 3/4” glass
3. If I get an MP40 or a Gyre, I’m worried it’ll be too much flow

Back