Reef nutrition

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

This awesome torch I got from @Mozby with 4 heads is now splitting like crazy. It looks like each head is splitting into 4.

a3dfe08994cfd896b5a2643612362480.jpg

Do you have any trapped detritus in your sump or overflow? Idk just suggesting checking on that after @Vincerama2 post about cleaning out their sump.

Also I believe the chaeto export is going to increase as the total volume of chaeto increases so I think you want to be on a schedule of pulling a handful out once a week or something routine so it’s benefit can be easier to control. My plan for fuge management if my nutrients need it is a routine for removal and tune the lighting schedule for more or less export, seems to be a good approach to control the controllables

8 days since I started the CO2 scrubber and pH is going down. Alk consumption also down. It’s going to be difficult to keep this stable.

bcc432b769539764117095ffbe34eeeb.jpg

8 days since I started the CO2 scrubber and pH is going down. Alk consumption also down. It’s going to be difficult to keep this stable.

bcc432b769539764117095ffbe34eeeb.jpg
What media are you using?
Is it color changing?
Did it change color?
How big is your co2 scrubber reactor?
Do you add water at the bottom of the reactor tonprovide humidity?
8 days seems very short.

What media are you using?
Is it color changing?
Did it change color?
How big is your co2 scrubber reactor?
Do you add water at the bottom of the reactor tonprovide humidity?
8 days seems very short.

BRS reactor and media. It has started to change color and yes, I added water as instructed on the first day.

Honestly without any humidity, I'm surprised you got 8 days of consistency.

Before I hooked mine up to the skimmer I was getting 5 days. When I was running 2 part hooked up to the skimmer, I got 5 weeks. Now with the carx I get 3 weeks

Honestly without any humidity, I'm surprised you got 8 days of consistency.

Before I hooked mine up to the skimmer I was getting 5 days. When I was running 2 part hooked up to the skimmer, I got 5 weeks. Now with the carx I get 3 weeks

What does “2 part hooked up to the skimmer” mean ?

Mounted the CO2 scrubber and added water to it. Rerouted and cleaned probes and dosing lines. Removed about 20% of the Chaeto. My wife had fun rescuing brittle stars and asterinas from it. Harlequin Tusk ate two brittle stars. Tank is six months old now and looking good.

12a8e330bcf921268b39243d75886327.jpg

357ae7b3161b366a7062a918fd7b4b79.jpg

Last edited:
Back