Neptune Aquatics

Any gardener here??

I have this plant that I grow and the damn squirrel love it. It keeps eatting the new grow >:( .. Is there anything I can do? Is it illegal to kill these bastard? Net is not an option because this plant will grow every big very fast, well if the damn thing doesn't eat it.

Pepper spray - the kind you spray on the plant not the kind you spray an attacker.

You spray it on the newer growth. I don't think it's legal to kill the little bastards.

Can I get that at OSH or HD? This place suck...too many rules. In Vietnam, these bastard wouldn't dare to run around. They would end up in a pot ;D ..

The stuff I eat will kill the plant ;D .. Maybe I should ask my boys to pee on it. The smell should keep those thing away ;D :D ..

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3649.msg42203#msg42203 date=1209614002]
Can I get that at OSH or HD? This place suck...too many rules. In Vietnam, these bastard wouldn't dare to run around. They would end up in a pot ;D ..
[/quote]

Phong if you eat them, or pee on them, make sure your neighbor don't see you :D

you can use chicken wire and make a cage around it, infact you can shape the cage into a shape of a big giant squirel to scare them off :D :D

No cats in your neighborhood?

We've got a huge population of feral cats around that take out the vermins (including pigeons).

get 2 grounding rods. take a wall plug and cut off the end so you have a plug and 2 bare wires. Put the grounding rods near your plants spaced about 2ft apart. connect wires to rods. plug in wire.

optional: tell your "friend" to go water the plants.

I second the hot pepper spray, it's used a lot in the plant service business to ward off pests so it shouldn't kill your plants.

Or you could get a weiner dog they're vicious ;)

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3649.msg42245#msg42245 date=1209662396]
I second the hot pepper spray, it's used a lot in the plant service business to ward off pests so it shouldn't kill your plants.

[/quote]

Plant service - is there anything you haven't done? - lol

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=3649.msg42248#msg42248 date=1209664218]

[/quote]

Plant service - is there anything you haven't done? - lol
[/quote]I don't care to pave

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=3649.msg42238#msg42238 date=1209658266]
No cats in your neighborhood?

We've got a huge population of feral cats around that take out the vermins (including pigeons).
[/quote]
only couple lazy fat*** cats. There are couple dogs keep going into my yard and poop. Someday, I will have dog stew. ;D

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=3649.msg42212#msg42212 date=1209617359]
Phong if you eat them, or pee on them, make sure your neighbor don't see you :D

you can use chicken wire and make a cage around it, infact you can shape the cage into a shape of a big giant squirel to scare them off :D :D
[/quote]

;D

It would have to be a very cage. There is no way I can do that.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3649.msg42239#msg42239 date=1209659525]
get 2 grounding rods. take a wall plug and cut off the end so you have a plug and 2 bare wires. Put the grounding rods near your plants spaced about 2ft apart. connect wires to rods. plug in wire.

optional: tell your "friend" to go water the plants.
[/quote]

Wanna come and water the plants for me?? ;)

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3649.msg42241#msg42241 date=1209660527]
Put bird seed out, or peanuts, they may leave your plant alone if you give them another food source :D

[/quote]
Wouldn't that make more coming to my yard? I rather kill the bastard than feeding them.

[/quote]

Where do I get the hot pepper spray? If I can't buy it, how do I make it? I eat fresh pepper. I have the spicy sauce that you see at the Pho place.

I'm afraid Siracha would be too acidic, we used a "Hot Pepper Wax" which was a surfactant mixed with hot peppers.

At home I use either Scotch Bonnet powder, or Njombe powder from my dad's garden :eek:, mix it with coco pebbles or some crap, maybe some peanut butter and leave it out for the raccoons, they get pissed and they stay off my decks. I would start with a similar approach, and if they kept going after the plant then spray with a little diluted "Dave's Insanity Sauce", that'll get 'em.

check the ingredients. lots of hot sauce contains chili extract, vinegar and salt. too much vinegar or salt will harm your plants.

Tha[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3649.msg42311#msg42311 date=1209746748]
check the ingredients. lots of hot sauce contains chili extract, vinegar and salt. too much vinegar or salt will harm your plants.
[/quote]That's why I suggest "Dave's Insanity Sauce", it has way too much capsaicin so you don't need to use too much, at that point acidity should not be a problem say 1 T in 8-10oz of water.

Try feeding them Peanut Butter with it in their first, if anything it's hilarious watching them eat, flip out and go back and eat it, flip out again.

Back