Kessil

Anyone breeding Berghia?

He had loads of stunning moorish idol and ton of other fish. He told me he is bringing a big shipment of coral on 2 months

Last edited:
I got a few today to hopefully knock out my aptasia issue.....

Attachments

• IMG_20200225_100928521.jpg
    IMG_20200225_100928521.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_20200225_111703313.jpg
    IMG_20200225_111703313.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 248
Caught him eating his first aptasia....they grow up so fast!

Attachments

• IMG_20200227_213617580.jpg
    IMG_20200227_213617580.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 241
I have 10 coming in today for salty underground, they will be here today at 1030 am and I would prefer to add them this evening after lights out(10pm). Anyone have ideas on how to best keep them alive for the day until I add them tonight, or just gamble it and add them in the mid day lighting.

I have 10 coming in today for salty underground, they will be here today at 1030 am and I would prefer to add them this evening after lights out(10pm). Anyone have ideas on how to best keep them alive for the day until I add them tonight, or just gamble it and add them in the mid day lighting.

I just turned off all of the flow and turned off the lights for 35 minutes while I acclimated them to the water parameters. Then I just found a spot close to some smaller aptasia and let them settle for about 20 minutes before turning the light and flow back on

They are not that sensitive so do not worry.just make sure you acclimate the temp before you open the bag. Let it float for some time to adjust temp.
I simply turn off return and power heads. Use the suction tool that come with the package. Gently transfer them from the cup or bag to the rock near aiptasia. Careful do not drop them on top of the aiptasia.
Also when you use the suction tool, blow some water in the cup using the tool to make them float if they are attached to the bag or cup. Do not force suction to avoid injuring them.
Once they all on the rocks they will immediately move and take shelter in the rocks. I give it 30min then turn everything back on..

All in all they are not that sensitive as long ad you do not injure them, no fish will pick on them during transfer cause they need time to recover the shipping...

I would not add them during mid-day lighting.

You can just turn off your lights now and add them. Wait a couple hours, then back on again. Or just turn off lights a few hours earlier than normal and add them. Won’t hurt anything to get less light than usual for 1 day.

Or they should be fine sitting around waiting until lights-out in their container. Maybe just open the lid so they get fresh gas exchange. Keep them at room temp or tank temp.

Well they are in the tank. Did a temp acclimate(30mins) killed all flow and lights then placed them into a crevice(30mins)Only fish Im worried about picking them are my 2 leopard wrasses and anytime I mess with the lights they hit the sandbed for the rest of the day. Left it that way for 30 mins and turned it all back on. Only saw 1 of them when the lights came on so I’m assuming the other 9 made it safely into a nook. Here’s to hoping that this isn’t a 150$ waste......

Well they are in the tank. Did a temp acclimate(30mins) killed all flow and lights then placed them into a crevice(30mins)Only fish Im worried about picking them are my 2 leopard wrasses and anytime I mess with the lights they hit the sandbed for the rest of the day. Left it that way for 30 mins and turned it all back on. Only saw 1 of them when the lights came on so I’m assuming the other 9 made it safely into a nook. Here’s to hoping that this isn’t a 150$ waste......
They will make it. I have 4 aggressive wrasses and also was worried. They will hide in the rocks folds. U will not see them, rarely u will see them teaming up on aiptasia here and there or in your overflow sock..

Last edited:
Back