Our mission

April Tank Spotlight is The Legendary Bruce Spiegelman

Looking good. So, for a tank of your size, how much do you spend on Triton/month? I ask because, I've assumed that for a large tank, it starts to get expensive...but maybe I'm way off base here.

Looking good. So, for a tank of your size, how much do you spend on Triton/month? I ask because, I've assumed that for a large tank, it starts to get expensive...but maybe I'm way off base here.
I’ve kind of wondered the same thing. I’ve assumed that since triton is basically a two part system (obviously much more) that larger tanks would be more expensive. I was hoping they’d have a form of the system that would be for carx use. Maybe even producing their own carx media.

Ask me in a year. Right now my usage isn't very high at all, but the SPS is still mostly frags and mini-colonies. As usual with SPS they are mostly just starting to encrust with limited growth the first six months. It's only lately that I am seeing more and more growth. I'm dosing about 35 ml of each a day is all at this point so it's not expensive.

I’ve kind of wondered the same thing. I’ve assumed that since triton is basically a two part system (obviously much more) that larger tanks would be more expensive. I was hoping they’d have a form of the system that would be for carx use. Maybe even producing their own carx media.
Was just browsing...Nice tank Bruce!

I have a 180 and using Core7. It is mostly sps that are mostly frags. I am now at about 27ml/day. Core7 is very concentrated in comparison to other 3/4 part offerings...which is one of the reasons I am using it. For example, compared to Aquaforest, Core7 uses about 20-25% of the Aquaforest dosing.

Last edited:
Back