Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

BAYMAC 2011 Volunteer Thread

Guest
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
184
Sorry for the late notice. I came down with a fever this evening.
I'm popping Tylenol and hydrating. There is a chance I might have to flake out on the water in duty.
I still planning on being there. But if you don't see me you will know what happened. I have DBTC frags to drop off and pick-up tomorrow. So I will try my best to be there.
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
184
My fever broke and I feel pretty good. Looks like I be there.
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
142
Running Late
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 31, 2011
Messages
184
It was great meeting folks today. We've got a great club. What a great event

Thanks
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
Thanks to all of you who helped and especially Gresh who put it all together. It was a good day for all.
Very successful.
 
Guest
Joined
Jun 5, 2006
Messages
276
Thanks to everyone for putting this together. My wife and I had fun selling raffle tickets... so if we can make it next year, we'll volunteer for that again.
 
Guest
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
1,167
Wow! What a great time, and I found some nice corals for my display tank too. :glasses: Pictures to follow on my tank journal page (Yellow Formosa and LE Reily Hybrid Watermelon Chalice).

Thank you Gresham for your help in selecting a nice watermelon chalice; and putting this together for us. Already looking forward to 2012.

Sorry I didn't get to hear the speaker from London, as I got a call from my wife that she was admitted to the ER. Happy to say that Susan is back home now, and she'll be following up with her doctors next week.

I was really happy to see my 12 frags were just about all sold before leaving. :santa:
 
Guest
Joined
Jun 10, 2008
Messages
150
Had a great time and look forward to participating more in BAR. Thanks to all those who made this happen and to all of the sponsors! I look forward to volunteering for BAYMAC 2012!
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
Good times working, bravo to all the hard work, when that raffle ended people starting moving things started coming down, and I wanted to help but apparently I'm obsolete now :D Hell even my wife worked harder than I did! However I did do a few shifts yesterday so I don't feel completely useless.

Also gotta give it up for all those volunteers who were there since the morning too, some of them had looked like they've been there all day but these events don't work without help, however help was there and it seemed to run really smoothly... except when when door prizes were not claimed :D
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
1,406
Good times indeed!

Very cool to be part of such an awesome event and come home with a couple killer frags too!

-Gregory
 

tam

Guest
Joined
Jan 15, 2011
Messages
49
BayMac was awesome! I had fun volunteering at the door and selling raffle tickets later on. Thanks for the good times and I look forward to next year! :D
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
Out of curiosity, who won the volunteer raffle prizes? (need to know which house to scope out :D)
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
1,406
Don't bother coming round...I've got blackout curtains on the room that has the Photon Cannon. :)

-Gregory
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
No one yet. I am trying to get Bryan, Brian, Jeremy and Jon together so I can figure out who worked what slot so I can distribute the tickets and do the drawing.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
17,384
Ah ok, cool. Take your time.

I worked my 2 scheduled shifts, plus one before it (unofficially), wife wasn't officially scheduled to work any, but worked a couple as well... hell just give my wife my ticket I've got horrible luck, she won a door prize within 5 minutes of arriving :D
 
Top