Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

BAYMAC is coming

CoralVue
BAR Sponsor
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Messages
25
gresh.
can you give me some info on this. maybee i can try to kid nap chuck again like last year.
951.313.5661
Richard@mobileaquatic.com
lol you are only 5.45 hours away. =)
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
I assumed you and Charles were a go from how both your were talking Richard :) I'll call shortly.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
I have an 2lb to 3lb rock with two polyps of button, do they accept that?
 
Past President
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
2,813
"They" is us, your club - BAR.

Thank you for the offer, but I think we will have a hard time selling a big rock with two button polyps. We're also going to be limited on space so something a little smaller or more dense is preferable.

Thanks again.
 
Guest
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
1,629
I fragged a dark red favia with green growing edges. If they take they are for the sale. Pictures of them on my tank thread, because I had to make shift a frag rack for all the pups.
 
Past President
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,506
I will be donating

1 frag ORA Red Planet

TopDown4-25-09-5.jpg


1 frag ORA Pearlberry

TopDown4-25-09-7.jpg


1 frag of Tubs Horrida

TopDown4-25-09-8.jpg


1 possibly 2 frags of Tyree Purple War Coral

WarCoralWarCoral4-25-09.jpg


1 frag of this aussie acan

SunburstAussieAcan4-25-09.jpg


2 frags of Burning Spear

TopDown4-25-09-13.jpg


1 frag Blueraspberry Milli

TopDown4-25-09-6.jpg


2 frags Tubs Blue zoas
4 frags or Rainbow Monti

probably a few other surprises
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
Corals are donate to BAR? Where the funds go?
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
9,048
Back to bar :) We use the funds for various things from club operations to padding of the swap. All money earned goes back to bar. Check out Bryan's Club Financia'sl posts if you want to know the nitty gritty of it all.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
Can I dontate my Two polyp Button Corals on a 1-2lbs rock?
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
9,047
Due to limited space in the frag tank, sadly we cannot take something that large, most items will be small frags.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
hmmmm... Alright, I wonder if I can switch that Button rock with a little frag to donate and used the Button rock during yet swap?
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
Hmmm.... Can I use this two polyps Button Coral on 1-2lbs for the swap in August
DSC03026.jpg

and donate this single frag of Green Tiger Stripe Mushroom
DSC03028.jpg

????
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
9,048
Link, it is generous to offer those frags, but I think that they wouldn't sell well and would need to be returned home. hey are nice and healthy, but these events tend to draw people who are after rare and exotic frags and not the more common ones. At last years event, there were a bunch of really nice, rare stuff that were even hard to move despite the low price.

edit: I see there is a mixup. They may be more appropriate at the swap, but not so much for BAYMAC.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
Well at least I tried... No problem, always tried to help.
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
639
I can bring one of each:
Atlantis pink polyped monti cap
Cali tort
Steve Elias stag
Atlantis Meteor Shower Cyphastrea
Pokerstar
Dolphin pet village pink/purple valida

When should I bring it in? Who should I give it to?
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
9,048
Thanks Tong. Bring it in plastic tubs if you can (so that we can use them as containers once sold). There will be a tank setup. Just find the BAR table and your corals will be added :)
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
Do you guys need plastic containers? I might have ages extra.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
9,048
Pretty sure Bryan is (has) taking care of containers.
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
okay cool. You guys are very organize because it's pretty much taking care of.
 
Top