Reef nutrition

Beginner Clean-Up Crew Invertebrates

I am a fish lover, I like this forum very much. Thanks for all your information. Keep going......

This is super helpful for us newbies. Thank you!!!! Question - will peppermint shrimp eat corals?

They also have the potential to irritate corals by grabbing meaty food out of corals mouths. I’ve experienced it a number of times in the past with Duncans, Euphyllia and Anemones.

This is super helpful for us newbies. Thank you!!!! Question - will peppermint shrimp eat corals?
Shrimp and Hermits will eat whatever they can get their hands on and will go after less desirable stuff if there is no preferred food for them, like a closet pantry that only has your least favorite food in it while stuck in lock down. Biggest newbie advice on a Clean Up Crew is do not add a retailers package to a tank all at once based off their size recommendation. Assuming those numbers are even correct and not a ploy to just sell you crabs/snails, those numbers are for a fully stocked tank and not your tank at this time. If you follow their recommendations most of the CUC will just die in the tank due to lack of food/fightin. Buy your COC in small batches as the tank evolves and buy what your tank needs to the best of your ability. Skimp on Hermit Crabs as they are murdereds and kill each other and snails. Lots of people go 100% snails. I keep a few because I enjoy watching them.

Back