High Tide Aquatics

Berghia Nudis

No sign of any Berhia in my tank. And no missing Aptasia that I can tell.
Still hoping, but I am worried my Wrasse ate them.
:-(

No sign of any Berhia in my tank. And no missing Aptasia that I can tell.
Still hoping, but I am worried my Wrasse ate them.
:-(
Bummer if they didn’t make it. But lots of people never see them or noticeable Aiptasia reduction for months, then all of a sudden a significant reduction in Aiptasia followed by hungry Berghia coming out.

@RFURBP and @Eugene - I have more young adult Berghia coming available from my Berghia breeding tanks. Transition from juvenile to adult at around 1/2” seems to be the earliest good age to add them to a reef tank. I am in general adding them to my own display in groups to tackle my own Aiptasia problems. But I have also been giving some to other members if they can give me a bunch of Aiptasia for my Aiptasia grow-out tanks.

I need a lot more Aiptasia, like many hundreds more. I’m trying to feed the adults I have laying the next generation of Berghia eggs as well as the juveniles from the last generation. At the same time as increasing the number of Aiptasia in the Aiptasia tanks, so I can reach some kind of steady-state where they are growing as fast as I’m feeding them to Berghia. I thought I had enough before this generation matured, but I was wrong. If you guys can collect as many Aiptasia as you can I’d be happy to trade Berghia for them.

Last edited:
Maybe it’s time to start to breed aiptasia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’ve been doing that for months already for my Berghia project, 2 dedicated Aiptasia tanks at this point. I’m just expanding it because it is surprisingly hard to keep up with the Berghia.

If you can lower the water level below where they are that works best. Then after scraping use a rag or something to wipe off any of the foot that might be left behind.

@RFURBP and @Eugene - I have more young adult Berghia coming available from my Berghia breeding tanks. Transition from juvenile to adult at around 1/2” seems to be the earliest good age to add them to a reef tank. I am in general adding them to my own display in groups to tackle my own Aiptasia problems. But I have also been giving some to other members if they can give me a bunch of Aiptasia for my Aiptasia grow-out tanks.

I need a lot more Aiptasia, like many hundreds more. I’m trying to feed the adults I have laying the next generation of Berghia eggs as well as the juveniles from the last generation. At the same time as increasing the number of Aiptasia in the Aiptasia tanks, so I can reach some kind of steady-state where they are growing as fast as I’m feeding them to Berghia. I thought I had enough before this generation matured, but I was wrong. If you guys can collect as many Aiptasia as you can I’d be happy to trade Berghia for them.
the aptasia hunt begins

@JVU ever see your nudis cral above the water line? Have one that keeps looking like it wants to end its misery in my tank... keep going above the water line.

that said, think one of my spirals have hatched... it's no longer where it was. timeline seems about right at around 10 days...

Yeah, they do that occasionally. I have noticed they are more likely to do it when I’m due for a water change.

yeah... it's what I figured. though, one in particular seems to do that even right after a near 100% water change.

Just hesitant right now to swap water out since the eggs have likely hatched so want to wait for the larvae to settle. trouble is i expect a few more spirals to hatch over the next 24 hours

well -- that sucks, looks like one of my nudis committed suicide... found it wedged in between the tank and lid... and dried.

hoping some of the larvae mature soon!

Back