got ethical husbandry?

Brandie's 210 Upgrade

While you might just want silicone, you don't need a skimmer for cycling the new tank.
Might not be bad to crank it up soon.

That baby is HUGE!

It's gloriously huge! Hahaha. Although, for the amount of fish that I'd ultimately like to have, it's still really small comparitively.... LOL. May just have to build another Steinhart Reef tank ;)

And yeah, I know I don't need the skimmer to cycle, but if the skimmer doesn't get in the stand before the tank goes on top, depending on how the skimmer breaks down for maintanence (I know that it breaks down, I just don't know to what extent), I may not be able to get a skimmer in there at all. So to err on the side of caution, it needs to go in the sump before the tank gets put on the stand. The new skimmer is smaller than the one that I have now, but I just don't want to chance it until I am 100% positive I'll have wiggle room. It's not like a 10 gallon where it's easy to take on and off the stand ;) this thing takes at least 4 people to move.

Last edited:
As of right now the new silicone in the tank is curing!!! @denzil, in all his awesomeness, resiliconed the 210 on Sunday. ^.^ I have not posted updates because between a sick, 4 week old kitty, and early shifts at work, my butt's been adraggin'. Hopefully I'll post pics when I get home tonight!! We plan on letting it cure for two weeks, then leak testing for a week. By that time, hopefully the skimmer will almost be here. It was shipped from Hong Kong two weeks ago. Should be here on early October!!

Now it's time to bleach the old rock, and finish up the little stuff for the sump ^.^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Don't rush that cure job on the silicone, even after it's stiff to the touch I have heard some nasty stories of people putting water in too soon and bam killing off a bunch of stuff, because even though while it's physically cured chemically it's still working some magic.

Don't rush that cure job on the silicone, even after it's stiff to the touch I have heard some nasty stories of people putting water in too soon and bam killing off a bunch of stuff, because even though while it's physically cured chemically it's still working some magic.

Denzil checked online because he didn't believe the bottle when it read cured after 48 hours. People said let it cure at least a week, and we sees doing two plus a week of leak testing. Hopefully three weeks should be good!! Thank you though. You confirmed our suspicions.

Ok all. Here are some pictures. I'll have to get the pics that Denzil took. These phone pics don't do it justice.

857346_3504851756574_1007309737_o.jpg

Denzil put tape down before siliconing, so we have nice, clean lines. :)
1275312_3504851436566_975683555_o.jpg
1278891_3504851196560_219237866_o.jpg

Oh, and here's the newest member of our family ;) His name's Jak-Jak. Someone brought him in last Friday to our clinic to be euthanized after being attacked by what we think was a very large rat, and then was found face down in the water bowl. He was almost dead, but the Dr. had to try. This was my first attempt as a foster. Obviously fostering won't be my thing as I can't give them up. ;) He came from a feral colony and is the runt of the litter, and the Dr. thinks that he may have been deprived of O2 in the womb, as he is a little special. But that's ok, he's doing great now! He's gained almost a full pound since I've had him (he's 5 weeks old and should be close to 2lbs.. he was .88lbs when he came to the clinic). He's up and running (well, sort of, his balance is kind of off) and is very loved and he knows it. :D

620852_3504700152784_1927535635_o.jpg

Attachments

• 1292829_3504852076582_1960452199_o.jpg
    1292829_3504852076582_1960452199_o.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 194
ru2amaqu.jpg

We have water in the tank!!!! Leak testing started at 2pm today. Denzil was awesome enough to do a silicone sniff test, and when it passed, he filled up the tank for me since I was/am at work <3 :)

Almost there. Hopefully skimmer should be in in the next few weeks! After it gets in, the set up will go rather quickly (hopefully)!

Back