Cali Kid Corals

Brandie's 210 Upgrade

Ok all. Here are some pictures. I'll have to get the pics that Denzil took. These phone pics don't do it justice.

View attachment 139

Denzil put tape down before siliconing, so we have nice, clean lines. :)
View attachment 140 View attachment 141

Oh, and here's the newest member of our family ;) His name's Jak-Jak. Someone brought him in last Friday to our clinic to be euthanized after being attacked by what we think was a very large rat, and then was found face down in the water bowl. He was almost dead, but the Dr. had to try. This was my first attempt as a foster. Obviously fostering won't be my thing as I can't give them up. ;) He came from a feral colony and is the runt of the litter, and the Dr. thinks that he may have been deprived of O2 in the womb, as he is a little special. But that's ok, he's doing great now! He's gained almost a full pound since I've had him (he's 5 weeks old and should be close to 2lbs.. he was .88lbs when he came to the clinic). He's up and running (well, sort of, his balance is kind of off) and is very loved and he knows it. :D

View attachment 143
Jak-Jak is a beauty! And so is that silicone job!

+1

Are you moving all the life from the 90 to this tank? If so, go ahead and DO IT! You could run the old skimmer till the new one shows up.
We can't put the skimmer in the sump inside the stand since the vertical allowance isn't enough to pull the skimmer completely out or put a new one in.

Well, it probably can and will go in but we won't know for sure until we get the skimmer. With as heavy as the tank is, we don't have the luxury of asking people to help us move the tank at our convenience. We'd rather be patient and certain and hope to only have to pick it up once.

Here are some pre-siliconing shots. I neglected to take post-siliconing shots but I can take those after the tank's emptied out of water.

i-qDq7WbR-L.jpg

i-5JrtJhk-L.jpg

i-nJ9nQnB-L.jpg

i-TK4LV3d-L.jpg

Well, it probably can and will go in but we won't know for sure until we get the skimmer. With as heavy as the tank is, we don't have the luxury of asking people to help us move the tank at our convenience. We'd rather be patient and certain and hope to only have to pick it up once.

Yes please, all read this. This is why we are waiting on the skimmer. I did mention it in one of my posts, but it seems to be selectively read... or unread, depending on which way you look at it.

I'm doing this as fast as I can. I want the skimmer to come in as badly as you all do. Trust me, I want my living room and bedroom back to normal more than anyone else wants to see this tank up and running :p

We did just have a financial set back; we were at the beach with Lady yesterday, and she dislocated her hip. It really sucks. She's doing better, but man, it seems like none of this crap happens unless I'm upgrading a tank... LOL.

I'll post an update when the RLSS comes into stock and it's been ordered :p

Poor Lady! Hoping for a quick recovery.

Thank you! Me too. She seems to be doing really well. So far no more dislocations, and she's walking on it well. Hopefully there is nothing but improvement from here on out. We see another dislocation, and it's going to be time for surgery...

Going to be working on finishing up the sumo today. I'll post progress pics later ^.^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brandie...you are still way ahead of me before I put water in my tank. ;)

I hope Lady is felling better also.

LoL I guess it's true, although it doesn't feel like it, hahaha. The tank has been leak tested and found sound! I think it's had water sitting in it for almost two weeks now... I can't remember when Denzil filled it up. I only remember that he did it for me because I was at work.

Well, we didn't get much done today... bummer. I need to order more netting from BRS because the netting that we have is too large to use for what I am wanting to use it for. I need some anyways for the top of the tank, so I guess it works out. Denzil did get all the legs cut for the rock trays in the sump, though :) Now we gotta drill them and zip tie them on to the egg crate. Then it's just the netting on the two baffles and the sump will be done! After that, it's bleaching the rock from the old 60 gallon (still need to figure out exactly what needs to be done and how much bleach to use) then it's waiting on the skimmer still. I ALMOST bought a Curve 9 by bubble magus... but when I got home and started doing research, the reviews were sarcastic and scathing. Besides, I've waited this long, a week or so more won't kill me. Then we will get the tank on the stand and I'll go shopping for plumbing stuff at a supply house on one of my next week days off. After the plumbing, it's another leak test and then the aquascaping, which is really more of a plug and play since jestersix did awesome rock structures ;)

I'm getting there. The only thing holding up this build is the skimmer!

Man having peeked in here in over a week.

Judging by the tape width there your silicone seams look absolutely gigantic. Regardless of size, and sniff test, note that the cure time listed on the silicone is for the size that the container says (usually a 1/8" bead) which often is WAY smaller than what we do in our aquariums. Cure time increases exponentially with size, so even though the top layer by be cured and passed the sniff test you could run into some issue later on.

Now if you've been sitting empty for a month, I wouldn't worry a bit and just ignore me :D

Back