Jestersix

Corals B 4 Bills 225 Lee Mar Starfire Inwall tank

I was kind of worried about having enough flow in my 225 with just the snapper return and 3 Tunze 6100's on sea swirls, it was this or another 6100. This takes up more space but if it work's then it will be worth the space.

add some flow acceleraturs from pacific coast they can more double/triple flow output. I added 3 to my 225
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~category~Pacific_Coast_Flow_Accelerator_FA_400_3_4in_Flexible_Ball_Socket_Tubing~vendor~Spears~SearchStr~flow+accelerators~action~view~idProduct~FT0031~idCategory~FIFTFB.html

Oh, yeah, point taken. I can't think of a case where the second ball valve would be useful... even when the pump is shut off. Roc? Are there any times when you use it?

[/quote][quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=3677.msg51538#msg51538 date=1218225201]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=3677.msg51534#msg51534 date=1218224819]
No I dig the whole restricting one drain, but having two ball valves, that seems like it can restrict more than a single drain, even if it is 95% open.

[/quote]

Oh, yeah, point taken. I can't think of a case where the second ball valve would be useful... even when the pump is shut off. Roc? Are there any times when you use it?

[/quote]

Well this weekend when I did a water change. Since my rock work is fairly high in the tank and the top pieces have coral mounted on them, I will drain down a ways, but I shut off all flow from the tank, which includes the return, then I take the remaining water for the WC from the sump. When I start to put water back I put enough so it will drain back into the overflow then I open the drains back up and turn on the return pump, bingo everything starts working perfectly again.

Here is the next addition to my new tank a Deltec PF601 CaRx system, the guy gave me the reactor, media, regulator and two feed pumps for $500, not bad if I do say so my self. Now is anyone interested in a 1 year old Korallin 1502 with a regulator and 5 lb. tank?

Knock-Knock!...Who's there?.........."Marine Depot!"........Ah my 6 ft. VHO Actinics! just in time, So I Just picked up a IC 660 VHO Ballast two days ago......(Thank'e Perry), and a 250 watt ARO Ballast from Kevin (Hyolee) a hood from Dyngoe and the Wave Box from Ted (xtremereefer), And now the Reactor from Chad (clownnrnd). It's been a fruitful month!

I break ground on the 400 sq. ft. remodel and it will take me 8-9 weeks to complete, so 9 or so weeks it begins! Hey I'm still gathering the booty for the build, Dyngoe wanted some pic's of the equiptment on my current tank.

Here's a couple pictures to show you where the tank is going to be located, inside the house the garage door will be moved roughly 3 feet over to the left, the tank will be located to the right wher the chest is now. The wall to the right will be removed and the front door will be on the other side of it (So the pizza guy can oogle at it) the living room and kitchen will be one great room, also addind a bedroom and 1/2 bath as well.

Now in the garage the furnace will be moved into the attic and I will get rid of the water heater and buy a constant heat water heater (Roughly the size of a breifcase) and put it somewhere else, I will build a platform where the water heater is now that will be about 3' x 6' enclose it, rock it, put a 30" metal fire door on it and that will be my fish or sump room.

Yep that's it! Thank's, When I first put it together it went on-then off, changed it on-then off, I got scared and stopped. $80 for 2 T-12 bulbs I am not going to take a chance on screwing this up.

BTW how is the pump situation going? Everything OK?

[quote author=corals b 4 bills link=topic=3677.msg52656#msg52656 date=1218908126]
Yep that's it! Thank's, When I first put it together it went on-then off, changed it on-then off, I got scared and stopped. $80 for 2 T-12 bulbs I am not going to take a chance on screwing this up.

BTW how is the pump situation going? Everything OK?
[/quote]

You mentioned you have 2 T12 bulbs. When you pick up the ballast from me it was setup for 3 T12 bulbs.

Make sure if the ballast is wired for 3 bulbs you have 3 bulbs on the endcaps too when you power up the ballast. If you wired it for 2 bulbs the same thing it need to have 2 bulbs on the endcaps otherwise it will not to work if you only have one bulb -- you're only gonna get a flash of light the off again.

Back