Neptune Aquatics

DBTC: Sprung's Burning Bush

I’ll talk about it more in my next tank update but i bottomed po4 out and got mild dino’s.

I broadcast feed reef roids every day now to maintain 0.05ppm otherwise it falls to 0

The macro lets me separate aggressive corals and put spicy things way closer to each other - it blocks mesenterial filaments and sweepers pretty well

Cool, so it does have a effect as it grows more.

Btw regarding it being a weed: it doesn’t attach to anything. I spend too much time cultivating it which is why it grows - i just love how it looks, and it doesn’t hurt to have more than less.
Totally get what your doing with it. I think it's very cool. Just not my personal preference.

My maroon clowns won't let me mount any corals on the rock structure, if i try they knock them over with a vengence. And pick up crushed coral and dive bomb corals that are anywhere they don't like.

We have a uneasy truce, being they let me keep corals on frag racks beyond those it's a no go. I tried sneaking in samll sps and they ram it.

Once i'm confident in the new 65 stability they will go there. They can be trouble makers but i'm crazy about them.

I pulled mine from my frag tank sump today. Way smaller than when I dust put it in there awhile back. Crazy how much growth you all are getting versus me. Not dead, but looks great in the light, but very small.

The frag tank has a submerged, high strength, all spectrum light (actually is a fishing light, shockingly bright) and a purple'ish grow light over the top. Currently low nutrients (heavy feeding, just started dosing N).

Moved it to my main display sump which has an AI prime over it and higher nutrients. Hopefully starts growing so I can start feeding it to my herbivores.

I’ll talk about it more in my next tank update but i bottomed po4 out and got mild dino’s.

I broadcast feed reef roids every day now to maintain 0.05ppm otherwise it falls to 0

The macro lets me separate aggressive corals and put spicy things way closer to each other - it blocks mesenterial filaments and sweepers pretty well
I saw this amazing Japanese tank posted last night that could be a good example of macro, corals, and clams in a nano and using the macro to separate zones and divide color:

1000004515.jpg

Source:

Back