Neptune Aquatics

DBTC: Tyree Elegance Coral

that a'boy guys! way to step up. surprisingly this Tyree elegance is very hardy and has proven to accept being fragged over and over again very well. Definetly a Bay area favorite coral. I'm sure both of you guys will give it a great home.

I fragged genevas piece today after having had it in my tank for the last 5 months. Gently agitated it to make it close up, used bandsaw to slice through it from the bottom of the skeleton up through the flesh and then a quick iodine dip to ward off potential infection that elegance are often susceptible to.
1 piece to @Kmooresf
1 piece to @tankguy
1 piece stayed with @Coral reefer
They are all fairly small. Hopefully these will all make it and can be passed on at the members swap next year.

Thanks Mike. This piece looks fat and happy. Beautiful green center! Hope it makes it. Have you been feeding it on the regular?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike. This piece looks fat and happy. Beautiful green center! Hope it makes it. Have you been feeding it on the regular?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not often at all. Probably would help it grow faster though. My piece looks ok so far after the sawing.

Last edited:
Just for the record this is not a first come first serve or "dibs" type offering as far as I'm concerned. It goes to good homes and good members. Gonna be awhile before it's ready to be cut up again.
as it should be.. These are beautiful animals that deserve love and attention, to members who value the coral and will take good care of it

Back