Kessil

Deltec VF 4000 Filter Floss Rollermat

Scott Sweet

Supporting Member
All,

I did an overview video of the Deltec VF 4000 so that others can benefit with some info. When I was searching for a replacement of my other rollermat, I couldn't find anything about the Deltec models. Check it out...

Scott

Which sumps can u use this at?
Any...it is actually quite small. It can go in to any sump...you just need to be sure it is about 7" in to the water. I don't have a place for it in my sump. I am having to have a small tank made to put it in and then have it feed my sump. I am effectively replacing the large Thieling Rollermat.

Any...it is actually quite small. It can go in to any sump...you just need to be sure it is about 7" in to the water. I don't have a place for it in my sump. I am having to have a small tank made to put it in and then have it feed my sump. I am effectively replacing the large Thieling Rollermat.
Great review thank you so much..

Damn Scott, I'd almost say you were a Deltec spokesman :D

That said Deltec confuses me these days. when I started in this hobby just about 2 decades ago Deltec was absolutely the gold standard for high end equipment, however these days you go to their website and what do you see with pumps... Jebao/Jecod ... like WTF? man from super high end to some cheap knockoff products straight out of the manufacturing districts of China. Then you see their Twin Tech calcium reactor (does something similar to what the DaStaCo one does I think) and the feed pump they use... a Jebao pump? *mind blown*.

So luckily this product has no need of that garbage, but yeah part of me wants to say you're paying for quality but then you see some of their other products and quality(?)

Damn Scott, I'd almost say you were a Deltec spokesman :D

That said Deltec confuses me these days. when I started in this hobby just about 2 decades ago Deltec was absolutely the gold standard for high end equipment, however these days you go to their website and what do you see with pumps... Jebao/Jecod ... like WTF? man from super high end to some cheap knockoff products straight out of the manufacturing districts of China. Then you see their Twin Tech calcium reactor (does something similar to what the DaStaCo one does I think) and the feed pump they use... a Jebao pump? *mind blown*.

So luckily this product has no need of that garbage, but yeah part of me wants to say you're paying for quality but then you see some of their other products and quality(?)

Thanks. I am not a spokesman...but I do speak/train/sell for a living :). I said that in the beginning..they have not given me anything. I paid full boat. The motor is from China... I expressed concerns about that up front...it is a $2.00 motor and they are charging >$50 for a replacement...Yowser....:).

The design seems very solid. I will do a follow on it after it is running for a bit. I wanted to do this one before I used it. When I was looking online for info...there was nothing on this product. I couldn't figure out exactly how it worked. Deltec USA people are excellent...

I will say you definitely sounded like you do speak for a living, the length of that intro without any breaks in the video was long, in fact didn't see a break until around the point when you started taking things apart and what not. But either way, it was good that you did something for this, I feel like if it's not made by manufacturers that are actively sponsoring peoples blogs/vlogs you don't hear anything about it. I mean sure everyone hears about Ecotech, Kessil and Neptune products, and wasn't until recently that you really heard much about Maxspect products when they obviously sent samples to a ton of people with youtube channels. And considering the vast number of products out there not by the afformentioned companies it is nice to see reviews from others, so that was very much appreciated, I can't imagine Deltec sends out many review samples either so you forking over your own money to give a product a try was a good show.

I will say you definitely sounded like you do speak for a living, the length of that intro without any breaks in the video was long, in fact didn't see a break until around the point when you started taking things apart and what not. But either way, it was good that you did something for this, I feel like if it's not made by manufacturers that are actively sponsoring peoples blogs/vlogs you don't hear anything about it. I mean sure everyone hears about Ecotech, Kessil and Neptune products, and wasn't until recently that you really heard much about Maxspect products when they obviously sent samples to a ton of people with youtube channels. And considering the vast number of products out there not by the afformentioned companies it is nice to see reviews from others, so that was very much appreciated, I can't imagine Deltec sends out many review samples either so you forking over your own money to give a product a try was a good show.
Thanks for that feedback...I will keep that in mind if I should do another one.

Back