Reef nutrition

Don't piss your wife off

Go to your nearest second hand store and buy a bag of towels CHEAP. A month ago I went to a 1/2 off sale at a shop in San Carlos, I bought three BIG bags of asst (sizes/colors) towels for $3.00 a bag, all are in very good shape (I even got one with Thomas the Tank Engine). I dirty up about 6-7 towels a day, and it's way more than a weeks worth for me.

Nice :) I'm guessing you dirty so may because of all the tanks you clean? WAIT, that's your corals grow so fast, you give them sponge baths everyday :D lol

Slightly off-topic - (sorry Jeremy)

Fwiw, nice fluffy (the good stuff) microfiber towels work great on cleaning up salt spills on the outside of your tank.

I say the good stuff because the cheap microfiber towels ala the yellow ones you can get at Costco probably do a bit more damage (on acrylic tanks) than you imagine. If you can scratch the back of a cd with the towel in question then it's probably not worth using it to wipe down the front of your tank. You probably won't see scratches unless you picked up sediment in the towel, but you will see hazing induced by the micro-marring of the fibers.

I never understood the concept of "good towels" until the girlfriend said "You're using the good towels to clean up the water??" to me they all get washed anyways, but then I later found out where it came from, her mom who wouldn't even let the towels the cat sleeps on to be in the washing machine with human clothes!

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=2842.msg49427#msg49427 date=1216432775]
Being single kicks ass. :-D

[/quote]

Don't say that, or the creepy reefers come out of hiding!

Here are a couple that my wife says every other day:

* Does the tank seem louder to you today?
* I wish that rotten egg smell would go away...(I'm restarting the reactor from the media change in my denitrator).
* Why do you clean your protein skimmer cup in the kitchen sink when there's a utility sink in the garage?...(the utility sink is on the oposite wall of my tank :D).

Okay as promised.

I was filling a 45g Brute trash can and it was almost full (yah!)- cept' as either something bumped it - I would love to blame the dog - and it rolled down the bit of an incline of where the floor drain is in the garage. Needless to say 45g of pre-made saltwater went through my garage - I kind of wish I has a one car garage at this point.

Cleaned up one mess since apparently the dolly wasn't on straight and so that was partly to blame. Second try filled it up maybe 30g of water in same trash - son of a bleep bleep kerplowly bleep. Another boat load of water all over my garage (yeah, a one car garage seems so much easier to clean up at this point) - at least this time the water was without salt. By the way cleaning up thirty gallons of water at 5:30 in the morning is not a good day to start a WORK day.

Third try I took the damn dolly off the said trash can - so far it's held water and I haven't had any spills "yet". Getting said water once mixed with salt to said tank to do a water change is a completely different story though - keep my fingers crossed this time.

I was just thinking today that I must go through as many towels as a large family, works bad enough, for the last few days I've been getting two surf sessions in during the day, that's an additional 4 towels a day. I need a linen service :D

Jeremy, I was googling a linen service for you...and I came across something more humorous and striking lol

837_07_09_08_1_58_40.JPG

Back