Cali Kid Corals

Ecotech Radion Gen5

Let me take out a small loan for 3 of these blue version. And yeah they do look like Chinese boxes but mobius is pretty cool want user friendly

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

PAR readings are OK unless you are running blues... then lux and pur
Yup. I just kinda moved on from chasing PAR values. Instead i look for the coral reaponce to guide me. Each system is diffrent and I have experinces coral whiten out when I place it per the common recommended PAR, while color up when I have it under much lower PAR and visa versa..
I usually settle on a coral placment over 3 to 4 months. I move things around and see the reaponce...
Proximity to power head, return flow and such have an impact just as much and I feel it's all convoluted and hard to isolate one paramater and make a judgment when it come to flow and light...that's why i no longer go by common PAR recommendations..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yup. I just kinda moved on from chasing PAR values. Instead i look for the coral reaponce to guide me. Each system is diffrent and I have experinces coral whiten out when I place it per the common recommended PAR, while color up when I have it under much lower PAR and visa versa..
I usually settle on a coral placment over 3 to 4 months. I move things around and see the reaponce...
Proximity to power head, return flow and such have an impact just as much and I feel it's all convoluted and hard to isolate one paramater and make a judgment when it come to flow and light...that's why i no longer go by common PAR recommendations..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's the way to go... in my case a bit harder since I keep a lot of BTAs.

I do sanity check readings so i don't wind up baking them. They say nems move to find water and light most suitable... but some nems never got their education

I like the 3 AP700’s I’ve got but these look pretty good. I do like a lot of shimmer (probably more than most) so I’m not sure how these will do since they aren’t clustered light sources. They’ll probably do great for dispersion and coverage though. Like most things, I’ll reserve judgement until I see them in person.

I like the 3 AP700’s I’ve got but these look pretty good. I do like a lot of shimmer (probably more than most) so I’m not sure how these will do since they aren’t clustered light sources. They’ll probably do great for dispersion and coverage though. Like most things, I’ll reserve judgement until I see them in person.
I knew you were judging me the first time you saw me...

Did not like the Hydras (32). 1st time someone pointed out the light separation in the tank, that was all I saw every time I walked by.

Went to AP700s and I love them. Love shimmer (but that is a result of surface agitation and a point light source), growth/color is excellent and the simplicity of use (color choice) is bar none.

None of this, how much green or red or warm white or whatever color do I need. This is the #1 frustration and confusion for end users. Everyone ends up running the AB+ program because someone found that works best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It looks like a low-budget DIY fixture with stock LED parts to me. And like a ton of other fixtures on the market. I don’t understand the appeal. Will be expected to have tons of color separation, which is a personal issue I guess, but will need the diffuser for those who care.

I was happy with my AP700s, and now I’m very happy with my A360X’s.

Yeah definitely looked like they went the opposite direction of all the prior fixtures instead of clustering all the LEDs somewhat tight to "puck" areas, they decided to spread things out similar to the Atlantik fixture, but finding a happy medium in between with tiny clusters of the "whiter" lights in sets of 6 at various points in the middle, and the bluer stuff just everywhere else they could fit an LED. They may have done this for thermal management issues too, keeping the same sized heatsink with the same amount of cooling but packing in more LEDs on it.

Will definitely need a diffuser on them. I didn’t see a 100% need on the other gems but I wouldn’t buy these without a diffuser

Wondered if this was going to be a complete replacement or if Ecotech would end up selling both G4s and G5s because they are kind of radically different, people sill might want the clustered pucks... but guess I was wrong, everyplace dropped the G4s 20% to get rid of them, and most of the succeeded, probably because of the cost they didn't have huge quantities in stock.

The Radion Gen5 XR15 Blue (my tank is tiny compared to most here) should be landing on my doorstep this Friday! It will be replacing my first gen Kessel tuna. I am excited to try it out.

The Radion Gen5 XR15 Blue (my tank is tiny compared to most here) should be landing on my doorstep this Friday! It will be replacing my first gen Kessel tuna. I am excited to try it out.
Where are you expecting this package? What time does ups deliver lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back