Reef nutrition

Eight's 170 gallon in wall LeeMar

Just got a 4' Actinic Reefbrite installed today from Neptune. Thing is amazing. I took a few photos with just the Reefbrites and then decided to play around with my macro lens. I'm now running the Reefbrite + 3 Powerbrites for my actinic supplementation. Gonna be selling off the T5 retrofit kit that I used to use. Some photos to share:

I think I managed to kill 4 sunset frags before finally succeeding with this one. (Various tank crashed and nudis, etc...) This one has kept its color and grown a ton since I picked it up.
853043400_emhz5-L.jpg

Some plate corals. Purple base, orange mouth and rim, green tentacles. Same plate like Cerissa has in her little tank at Neptune.
853043398_o6EUk-L.jpg

My first plate coral, orange with yellow tentacles.
853043429_ytXrE-L.jpg

My largest and possibly favorite plate. Thanks Robert for the score! This guy is like a flourescent neon traffic light on the bottom of my tank.
853043426_angrg-L.jpg

One the maxi mini anemones in my display.
853043410_FENaY-L.jpg

Electric Oompa Loompah paly courtesy of Treylane (Jess).
853043392_kGAyK-L.jpg

Hollywood stunner chalice. Good 6 inches across now.
853043423_8yx5n-L.jpg

Pink and gold goniopora, under Reefbrites only.
853043350_V2hLE-L.jpg

Jess's green center, gold tip cloves.
853043384_R6PTY-L.jpg

Macro of my gold torch colony. One of my favorite pieces. Mesmerizing under the Reefbrites. Probably 10 heads total.
853043378_Dh8iL-L.jpg

Colony of Tyree Pink Elephant Palys. I found these things grow like crazy.
853043366_GjzU7-L.jpg

Closeup of green and blue St Thomas bubble.
853043359_589Qg-L.jpg

Red tentacles, aquamarine base St Thomas.
853043355_nJqeW-L.jpg

Orange/Gold Rhodactis mushrooms. Amazing under the reefbrites.
853043341_VA6jn-L.jpg

Rainbow Acan "Maxima" (Under Reefbrites only...) I know this isn't likely a real 'maxima'.... anyone have an ID on him?
853043346_feYnn-L.jpg

Wow Jason! Your tank looks so amazing!!! The colors and textures is really nice well balanced. That mantis is really gnarley too. Heard they're one of the smartest crustacean in the world.....next to me. Thanks for sharing the the beauties with us man!

robert4025 said:
Wow Jason! Your tank looks so amazing!!! The colors and textures is really nice well balanced. That mantis is really gnarley too. Heard they're one of the smartest crustacean in the world.....next to me. Thanks for sharing the the beauties with us man!

It's toss up between three crustaceans....

You
Mantis
and
DR Zoiberg

tumblr_kx78i3gMq21qzil83o1_400.jpg

I think we need a battle of the wits to see who's the top crustacean :p

GreshamH said:
robert4025 said:

It's toss up between three crustaceans....

You
Mantis
and
DR Zoiberg

tumblr_kx78i3gMq21qzil83o1_400.jpg

I think we need a battle of the wits to see who's the top crustacean :p

I can wipe my behind and pick my snot....what can they do? :p

Zoiberg can do that, and he can blow bubbles :)

He can breath underwater, can you do that :p

Back