got ethical husbandry?

Evaporation is no joke.

Keep getting in to alarm mode and I need to rest it, and i need to clean it often
Interesting. Do you think there was a drastic fluctuation in evaporation based on day vs night temps in the garage so the overfill alarm was going off? My understanding of the alarm is that it has some memory for the amount of time I needs to be on to get the water to the sensors level again. And if it has to go on for longer than average it will alarm.

And I only clean the optical sensor every few months and never had issues when it was in the return chamber of my sump or now that it is in the pump chamber of the AIO.

Which one did you have?
He had Smart ATO micro

You are lucky it’s only 40g tank. I still don’t want to find out how much water I need to make up for my 300g system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting. Do you think there was a drastic fluctuation in evaporation based on day vs night temps in the garage so the overfill alarm was going off? My understanding of the alarm is that it has some memory for the amount of time I needs to be on to get the water to the sensors level again. And if it has to go on for longer than average it will alarm.

And I only clean the optical sensor every few months and never had issues when it was in the return chamber of my sump or now that it is in the pump chamber of the AIO.

He had Smart ATO micro
I think its multiple factors. One of which is the fact that the tank was cycling so algae and debries where triggering the optic, other factor is the device itself. Every now and then it alarm out and I need to reset.
When it work, it work. I just do not see it as set and fotget

Yeah you try not to think about the fact that gallons worth of water evaporates into a room each day.

I had to setup a humidity control in my garage so when ever it goes above 65%, my inline duct fan will kick in and move the air out

6351a1e82e393cc836c224c6240d0003.jpg

Yeah you try not to think about the fact that gallons worth of water evaporates into a room each day.
At least none of us will get dry skin
I had to setup a humidity control in my garage so when ever it goes above 65%, my inline duct fan will kick in and move the air out

19F6E932-34C2-432D-959A-F4DB476ED239.png

I need that. I got a dehumidifier but I still think my walls are gonna start sweating

Yeah definitely need to upgrade mine, I actually did it with a Panasonic bathroom vent, but then the cheapy humidistat I got finally died reading nothing but EEE (I'm guessing for EEError :D), Really don't want to rip the wall open again since I actually made it nice and painted, Maybe I'll just find a humidistat that isn't so cheap.

Since I'm a plumber I was thinking of plumbing in some kind of gravity fed reservoir that I could just sit on a small stand next to the tank. Most float valves are big and kind of clunky.

Back