High Tide Aquatics

Fiesta Vallarta Restaurant Tank

Hello I have quick question, on the fish-tank are growing too many of this (see attached Picture) are they good of bad.
IMG_1775.JPG

Thank you;

Edgar

Green Mushroom Coral
Hello, any advise why this green mushroom coral looks like they are dying, how can I make they to grow-up again
please check attached picture.

green mushroom coral.jpg

Thank you.

Edgar

They look bleached. Do you have anyone maintaining this tank? When was the last water change?
- No I don't have anyone to maintain the tank I try to do it by myself but I don't have experience.
- Since my friend help me to setup the tank I didn't make any water change.

Did the mushrooms ever recover?
Although the issues are two months apart they could likely have the same cause.

Some possibilities are temperature issues, too much/too little lighting, and high/low salinity.

Have you noticed any change or issues with the lights on the tank?
Do you have a reliable way to test the temperature and salinity level?

Some possibilities are temperature issues, too much/too little lighting, and high/low salinity.

I was wondering about the mushrooms also.

- The mushrooms never recover they desapired
- for the lighs I didn't made any change and I don't see any change on them.
- for the salinity level it show 1.023 and for the water temperature show
72.8F . see attache pictures.

IMG_3243.JPG
IMG_3241.JPG

- The mushrooms never recover they desapired
- for the lighs I didn't made any change and I don't see any change on them.
- for the salinity level it show 1.023 and for the water temperature show
72.8F . see attache pictures.

View attachment 52385
View attachment 52384
I think with the cold weather, your heater(s) can't keep up with the temperature. The top value is the process variable (PV aka measured temperature) and the bottom is setpoint variable (SV where the controller is set to target). It's unable to reach 78F so either the heater has failed, or it is too small for a tank that size. What heaters did Michael set up in your sump tank? We can recommend replacements that can fit (usually an Eheim Jager to give more security).

The salinity is a little low too, you want to shoot for 1.026 or so and you can remedy this by adding salt water to the tank as it evaporates.

I think with the cold weather, your heater(s) can't keep up with the temperature. The top value is the process variable (PV aka measured temperature) and the bottom is setpoint variable (where the controller is set to target). It's unable to reach 78F so either the heater has failed, or it is too small for a tank that size. What heaters did Michael set up in your sump tank? We can recommend replacements that can fit (usually an Eheim Jager to give more security).

The salinity is a little low too, you want to shoot for 1.026 or so and you can remedy this by adding salt water to the tank as it evaporates.
Hello for the heater only have one. check picture . I will apreciate if you recoment one or two tha way I can replace the one that I have because looks like is not working.
- For the salinity I will add more salt water. thank you for the advice.
IMG_3244.JPG

Hello for the heater only have one. check picture . I will apreciate if you recoment one or two tha way I can replace the one that I have because looks like is not working.
- For the salinity I will add more salt water. thank you for the advice.
View attachment 52400
Do you see a light illuminated about an inch down from the black plastic top? It's either red or green depending on how old the heater is.

Back