Neptune Aquatics

Frag Swap is Coming !!

There are three categories of corals. Ultra, Bonus, and normal. The BoD will post a list of Utra and Bonus at some point. If you bring multiples of three bonus or Ultra corals you get to participate in a first "Ultra" round and/or a second "bonus round." After that rounds are normal and all get to participate. You'll note that people bringing Bonus and Ultra bring three. The they get to pick one coral in the special rounds. This leaves a lot of ultra and bonus corals for everyone down the road, and gives people a chance to get some truly nice stuff.
Also should note that overall specifics are not yet set, the "first one back" may not have all the 'standard' rules associated with it like the "bonus" corals.

Also there was one frag swap where we put stickers on bonus/ultra corals, so they're at least easy to spot for those who bring them and get into those "exclusivity rounds" I don't see why that can't happen again. So in that sense there is a "high end section" they just are mixed amongst all the others.

I would be happy to make up name tags, as I have done in the past, with our logo printed and the name of the member. I would just need the names of those attending so that I could print out in advance. I will help in any way I can.
I can help as well - How about with two lines?

Name:
BAR nickname:

Yep our standard is Username, Name, and picking group letter on the name tags.

It’s hard enough to put a face to a name, we have to put a face to a username to a name!

I can do whatever the board wants. When member sign up for the swap, just make sure they include their real name. Don't worry Bruce, I've got yours.

A post is coming so hold your horses, my real world job is demanding my attention currently so that gets priority over the club :)

But in general yeah, that's how it works, there may be some minor differences (I just glanced over the "how it works" header) but they will be laid out in the announcement post for the swap. But if you understand what's going on in that post, you're 99% of the way there at the very least.

Is this event going to be central to the Bay Area? A lot of members seem to be in the East Bay and SF.

do we have this at a members house or will a venue be rented for it ?

Is this event going to be central to the Bay Area? A lot of members seem to be in the East Bay and SF.

do we have this at a members house or will a venue be rented for it ?
In the past, we have held swaps at 7 Stills in SF. They have been kind enough to give us the space for the swap. I do not know if this will be the case this year.

In the past, we have held swaps at 7 Stills in SF. They have been kind enough to give us the space for the swap. I do not know if this will be the case this year.
We most definitely looked outside of San Francisco, and not trying to be cheap on cost of venue either, but the sad fact is many of the places that we looked into that hit a lot of check marks simply were not accepting any sort of reservations of space. For instance Phuong's clubhouse (for lack of a better name) in Fremont which was going to be the swap location in April and could have very well been this location simply was not available to book up due to restrictions. So we feel that people being mostly vaccinated (or what not) want a fun event sooner rather than later, and we can't wait until the last minute to say "hey frag swap tomorrow". Besides there will definitely be more events later on the year, possibly another frag swap, Mike wants to get his DBTC swap going too, so yeah lots of events that we want to do to give back to our patient (and not so patient :D) members.

Back