High Tide Aquatics

Frag Swap Raffle and Auctions List (so far)

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Auction list:

1) SPS Pack including Walt Disney, Oregon Tort, Bubblegum Digi, CB Purple Fusion, Mini colonies, and much more.
2) Zoa Pack including 10 different types!
3) Chalice pack including 10 different types!
4) LPS Pack including 10 different types!
5) Black Widow Anemone
6) XL Super male Pintail Wrasse
7) Pair Rare Black Storm Clowns
8) Space Invader Pectina
+ more to come

Raffle List:

Apex EL System
Gift Certificates Bay Bridge Aquarium
Gift Certificate Clearwater Aqurium
Designer Clownfish from Kimmie!
Red Sea Blue Bucket Salt
WWC Gift Certificates
WWC Swag Packs
BRS 4 stage RODI decked out!
+More to come

Yowza. Something for everyone! Thanks for putting this together. Should be fun. Good thing I’ll be bringing some extra styrofoam boxes Because some people are going to need them to take their frags and extra winnings home

I wouldn't say negativity, just historically the member swap has less people.

but whatever, I deleted the post, it only lives on in quotes now, which is out of my control.

Last year the members swap had slightly more than the regional. Both in the range of 65-70 people.

I was surprised of the lower attendance at the regional swap.
One MARS member mentioned something about the registration fee being an issue and some others input was the events held around the regional swap being too close together.

I wouldn't say negativity, just historically the member swap has less people.

but whatever, I deleted the post, it only lives on in quotes now, which is out of my control.
The last two years there have been 50 plus people at the members swap. I think last year was over 60. We haven’t lost money on a Neptune item yet. In fact they’ve brought in quite a bit of money. I just don’t see why the need to drag your feet when we have already procured and announced the item to be raffled.
My main point would be, It’s gonna be what it’s gonna be with or without your comment that definitely came across to me and others as needlessly negative. Not trying to make a big deal about it. Just explaining in a little more depth than I usually do online.

Reactions: JVU
I was surprised of the lower attendance at the regional swap.
One MARS member mentioned something about the registration fee being an issue and some others input was the events held around the regional swap being too close together.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately some people want more events, some people less. Some people want more swaps, other people think they should be at different times of the year. The swaps take place when they do based on several factors.
We keep them 6 months apart from each other.
We avoid having them the same month as the coral farmers markets.
We avoid the end of year holidays and summer when lots of people are busy and traveling. That leaves us white where they are now. We could certainly do a better job of reaching out to other clubs in advance, and we hopefully will this year.

Back