High Tide Aquatics

FYI trident service backlog

I’ve heard Neptune systems is in the process of moving from Gilroy to Pennsylvania. And basically everything that was being done “in house” is on hold. If you try and buy anything Apex from their store, they are sold out of almost everything.

I’ve heard Neptune systems is in the process of moving from Gilroy to Pennsylvania. And basically everything that was being done “in house” is on hold. If you try and buy anything Apex from their store, they are sold out of almost everything.
Kinda sucks-how many employees are going to leave because of that? All that institutional knowledge will be gone and will have to rebuilt.

oh i forgot to mention, please don’t flame the messenger, ( me) i’m just relaying what I’ve heard on the street. I could be totally wrong! I have zero facts on my statements.
Who thinks the move has anything to do with the acquisition of Neptune system by Aperture pet?

They already moved to PA, i had to ship all my tridents to PA for services

Thanks @ashburn2k for the heads up. I was just thinking about posting my recent repair times for the public good since I got one back today, meanwhile I hope Neptune Systems will start publishing turn around times on their Trident service page (or maybe it's there but I couldn't find it). It used to be a week or less to get a replacement Trident when they were local.

Trident advanced repair (the $200 option) ordered 2/29, received today 3/20.
Trident send-and-service (the $145 + one-way shipping cost option) arrived in Bethlehem, PA 3/5, I asked for an estimated completion date and was told the service dept. is running a few weeks out.

There's still the self-repair kit for $75. Has anyone had success repairing their own Trident?

Thanks @ashburn2k for the heads up. I was just thinking about posting my recent repair times for the public good since I got one back today, meanwhile I hope Neptune Systems will start publishing turn around times on their Trident service page (or maybe it's there but I couldn't find it). It used to be a week or less to get a replacement Trident when they were local.

Trident send-and-service (the $145 + one-way shipping cost option) arrived in Bethlehem, PA 3/5, I asked for an estimated completion date and was told the service dept. is running a few weeks out.

There's still the self-repair kit for $75. Has anyone had success repairing their own Trident?
I’ve taken a few apart before. But I have never changed circuits. It’s actually a very simple system. 1 pump, 4 pinch valves, 1 circuit board, electronic eye, magnetic stir. I think that’s it. It’s been a while. It’s pretty basic. The only thing that’s kinda stupid is the plug for the circuit board. You can plug it in backwards, it fits. It also shorts out the circuit board. Hella lame. Usually the pinch valve fails. They use to be 26 dollars on eBay. But it’s been a while

oh i forgot to mention, please don’t flame the messenger, ( me) i’m just relaying what I’ve heard on the street. I could be totally wrong! I have zero facts on my statements.
Who thinks the move has anything to do with the acquisition of Neptune system by Aperture pet?
I thought BRS bought them?

isn't advanced repair a refub unit swap?

I opted in for send and service, and emailed them asking for my turnaround time, and was told to wait 1-2 months.

while I had experience with self-repair, it was not worth it, managed to waste $75 and still couldnt get it fixed, if i knew this would be the case, i would have send it in instead of spending hours and hours emailing support back forth and gave up at the end. so don't do self service.

I’ve taken a few apart before. But I have never changed circuits. It’s actually a very simple system. 1 pump, 4 pinch valves, 1 circuit board, electronic eye, magnetic stir. I think that’s it. It’s been a while. It’s pretty basic. The only thing that’s kinda stupid is the plug for the circuit board. You can plug it in backwards, it fits. It also shorts out the circuit board. Hella lame. Usually the pinch valve fails. They use to be 26 dollars on eBay. But it’s been a while
I believe this is what failed for my self service, they dont have a fail proof stop for reverse pin.

I’ve really been thinking about doing the whole Apex thing because I really want Trident. But reading all the posts here on BAR about them makes me think they’re hot garbage. I wish there was a better alternative.

Most people here like them though.

I’ve found you’re better off just chucking the calibration solution. There’s been so many times that calibration solution had been off for one reason or another. So, I usually just test with Salifert manually when I refill all three reagents and just calibrate to whatever values I get with that and tank water. Like I’ve mentioned before, follow trends and don’t expect this hobby grade equipment to be accurate; consistent, yes, accurate not so much.

I’ve really been thinking about doing the whole Apex thing because I really want Trident. But reading all the posts here on BAR about them makes me think they’re hot garbage. I wish there was a better alternative.
even with those troubles i'm going through, i will still use it, there isn't a product on the market right now that is better than trident in any aspect.

Back