Kessil

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

jellygeee said:
Nice. Are those the snowflake clowns?

Here's a little excerpt from AquaNerd:

Blacker Ice Ocellaris clownfish. This new color morph is the result of crossing a Black Ice Snowflake, which actually has a great deal of orange coloration, with an all-black Ocellaris. The resulting offspring are basically black Snowflake clowns. The Blacker Ice clowns still posses some orange coloration on their faces, at least as juveniles like those in the video above, and we assume the adults will have a more mature, deeper black coloration.

Kensington Reefer said:
Jim
Please tell me they are perfect physically.

They look good to me. Ed is pretty diligent about getting good specimens in. That being said, I'm glad I was able to pick these two out of the bunch.

aqua-nut said:
Jim,
Something wrong here. The video is not showing up.

I went to da tube to watch. Cool new clowns.

Thanks for the heads up John...I don't think it fully loaded up on Youtube when I posted. It's fixed now. :)

Kensington Reefer said:
It works.
Pardon my old school, but there's something missing from those new clowns...;)
But hey, if you're happy I'm happy
How many more variants are ya gonna collect?

LOL...I think 4 clowns is plenty for the 450. There is something oddly entertaining looking at clowns that have not even a misbar and other clowns that look like they were hand painted. I just hope they all get down the line like they do now.

Wow all the new clowns look fantastic! It's a little hard to tell how big they are. Any chance the Reef Nutrition pellets you received with them roughly 1.7mm in size? If so I've got some EP-1 to give to you.

lattehiatus said:
Wow all the new clowns look fantastic! It's a little hard to tell how big they are. Any chance the Reef Nutrition pellets you received with them roughly 1.7mm in size? If so I've got some EP-1 to give to you.

Thanks David,

The clowns are about 1" and the one naked clown being a bit smaller. The Reef Nutrition pellets look .5mm. I purchased some New Era .5mm pellets today from Chris at AC and they took to it immediately. I fed the corals some H20 Reef Caviar and Rod's food, the clowns seem to be eating some of the smaller diameter foods also. Do you feed your clowns any frozen or live foods ?

Back