Cali Kid Corals

glee's tank journal

15g water change. Cleaned return pump. Noticed a slight kink in return line probably when I added a UV sterilizer so took it all apart and fixed that. Tank really took a hit from lack of maintenance. Lost one Chromis. LPS looks unhappy. Vermetid snails in a few areas. Added carbon. PC rainbow, rainbow stylo, and zoas looking good for some reason. Will do another water change in a couple of weeks.

Chromis is probably from fighting with other chromis? I can't imagine lack of maintenance killing a bullet proof fish like that.
Possibly, but while school is in session, the only thing I’m doing is feeding the tank, emptying skimmer cup, and refilling rodi tank. Now that summer is here, I’ll be spending a lot more time on the tank. I calculate about 30 hours a week free time!

15g water change yesterday, cleaned pumps. Mini sponges, mini brittle stars, and vermitid snails on pumps. While cleaning frag tank, I saw my mandarin. Glad it's still alive but wasnt able to get a good look at it. Hopefully, it's fat and enjoying all the pods. I'll keep a look out more often.

Not really related to my tank, but im really busy until the end of the year. I have classes 3 nights per week and will add another full day class mid Oct until the end of the year. Work and family (partial home schooling) will take up the rest of my waking hours so I will not be on much.

I need to do a water change....stay safe and healthy out there everyone!

Not really related to my tank, but im really busy until the end of the year. I have classes 3 nights per week and will add another full day class mid Oct until the end of the year. Work and family (partial home schooling) will take up the rest of my waking hours so I will not be on much.

I need to do a water change....stay safe and healthy out there everyone!
Let me know if you want me to swing by and do some work for you.

Hi Everyone!

Wow, two years have passed and Im finally graduating. Need to catch up with water changes and get the tank cleaned. All fish still here. Some corals flourished in these environments and some ....Looking forward to being part of BAR again. Hope to catch up with you all again soon.

Hi Everyone!

Wow, two years have passed and Im finally graduating. Need to catch up with water changes and get the tank cleaned. All fish still here. Some corals flourished in these environments and some ....Looking forward to being part of BAR again. Hope to catch up with you all again soon.
Woot! Congratulations! Now the fun of the "real world". See if you can give yourself a vacation before you start working. I know I wish I had taken a few months between school and work if I could have.

Back