Reef nutrition

got my LCD.. I need a HD player now

Yes, the PS3 can play regular DVDs and CDs.. also PS2 games! You can also get those DVD players that upconvert to 1080p. But to me, these still aren't as high of a quality as BluRay ..

Thanks man.. Is there any different betweet the 40GB and 80GB beside the bigger HDD? Can we upgrade the HDD ourself if needed?

From someone who has now antiquated experience with lots of DVD players...the image quality from the PS3 and that of a good blue ray player may or not be the same.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3873.msg45371#msg45371 date=1213225855]
From someone who has now antiquated experience with lots of DVD players...the image quality from the PS3 and that of a good blue ray player may or not be the same.

[/quote]

What do you mean? :)

Thanks zivic2play.. I guess the only different is the HDD then? $100 more just for a bigger HDD?? ::)

I'm not really hip on the whole BluRay technology yet, but from what I understand the PS3 can upgrade it's bluray capabilities, where as a huge criticism about BR players is that they can't do this or this, but version X can, well the PS3 apparently can call home, and flash upgrade or something it's capabilities and be good to go.

The 20g and 40g PS3 do not play PS2 games - only the discontinued 60g and the current 80g (old version too) will play PS2 games.

As a side note MGS - Metal Gear Solid - Guns of Patriots will be coming out shortly with an 80g "special edition" PS3 if that suits your fancy.

Phong check out this thread first http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1007540&page=384

so there is a different between the 40G and 80G. Not just the HDD.. I don't care too much about playing PS2 games. I have that console too but I have only 2-3 games. Is it worth to buy the 80G?

I can't play shooting games. I get headage after playing for 15 minutes. If I don't stop, I will throw up :- .. I guess I can't handle the 3D graphic. :-[

wow Eileen that is a long thread. I will try to see if I can read it.. Thanks!

You should read it for several reasons

1) there are settings (color, temp, etc) you can try once it's been burned it for awhile
2) there are also known issues with this particular model and make sure you know what you're up against
3) because of known issues - there may be some alternative workarounds.

i just bought a new 46 in samsung 1080p tv and to be honest, the PS3 is IMO the way to go. It is fully upgradedable and on top of that because it is built to be a gaming console, it is a lot faster at loading the Blueray movies. The current HD dvd players are really slow, and as new software comes out the PS3 does upgrade and it upgrades for free. It also acts as a media center and can get online wirelessly. You can use the PS3 to hook your computer up to your TV. Right now at I think BestBuy and i might be wrong but if you buy the PS3 for i think 400.00 they also give you a 100$ gift card. Its in a major store so if there isnt one near you, you might be able to have a store near you that price matches, match the deal at bestbuy.

Back