High Tide Aquatics

Great Swap, Everybody! :D

Mr. Ugly

Past President
Great swap, everybody! Somehow they just keep getting better :D

Good to see the members having a chance to hang out and talk with each other in a very chill environment. So cool to have super nice frags on the tables even without all the hassle of the "Rare Cetegory". Looks like there was a lot of DBTC action going on too.

I think it worked out nicely that we had two "Just for BAR" swaps back to back. I saw some folks who were new at the previous swap joining in on the propagation and sharing of their "Welcome to BAR frags" for this swap :D

And speaking of welcome... I hope those that didn't get into the actual swap yesterday did get to pick out something nice for their tanks. If you'd like to grow those out and join in on our DBTC activities, that would be super :D

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?board=17.0

And we do have an open swap coming up in August :D

Yesterday's swap saw our first "official" interclub activities starting with the Manhattan Reefs box trade. Thanks Johnathan, Gresham, and Rich for working that out :D

MR's swap will be in April, and BAR will cover shipping of member frags to New York. So let's see what cool stuff we can send!

We also saw a hint(M. setosa and Superman monti) of BAR's mother colony propagation program - over a year in the making. As our DBTC tracking system becomes finalized, we'll be adding another level of propagation activities for club members :D :D :D

Thanks to everybody that pitched in to make this a super nice event. The setup, sign-ins, swap, raffle, clean-up and everything else was pulled off smoothly and in record time.

Thanks to our sponsors and event donors.

Aquarium Concepts
Aquatic Collection
Aquatic Gallery
Atlantis Aquarium
Dolphin Pet Village
KM Associates International
Lucky Goldfish
Ocean Treasures
Reef Nutrition
SpectraPure
TruVu Aquarium

And special thanks to Aquatic Specialties and Pets for hosting our club events at their facilities :D

BAR so rocks! :D

A few things that I should have followed up on more closely yesterday:

The 2 boxes of live rock do need to be cured.

If people picked up items in the swap or the raffle that might not be suitable for their systems, please post and we can probably work out some kind of exchange.

The Tyree Toadstool in the raffle yesterday was unmounted. An easy way to mount that kind of frag is to lightly rubber band it in between two pieces of rock rubble. Better not to directly rubber band the frag itself because it can get pinched in half.

Questions about dips, quarantine, frag mounting, coral care, propagation, etc?
Definately please ask here! We'll all do our best to answer and help :D

Did you get in on the 10% off sale at Atlantis afterwards?

Mingwei was passing out free frags to people after the meeting too :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2995.msg32232#msg32232 date=1202664110]As our DBTC tracking system becomes finalized, we'll be adding another level of propagation activities for club members :D :D :D[/quote]

Haha... I just re-read that, and it sounds like we're propagating club members :D

Hmmm... maybe we are!

:D

I guess the date was wrong on the forum http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=1555.0. According to this, it was today Sunday. Id din't see anything in the post to change the date. So needless to say I am now unpacking my frags, and I guess I need to figure out when I can get down to pick up those rico's. :>(

Well more than anything, I just wanted to see everyone again. I was looking forward to sharing my pink bird's nest, and a nice red/blue chalice I have, and to get my ric's of course. I have been trying desperately to restock my tank, but we are now in the process of buying a house, hopefully, and my wife has frozen my CC :>)

When is the next meeting? Next month? I would never turn down a frag!

Sweet swap guys, even though I'm not on the BOD proper, I love helping out at those things, even if it's to lend my loud annoying voice to tell people to get out of the picking area (even though I feel a little hoarse today :(). Nice talking to old friends of the club and new ones as well, I talked with Gomer, and one other guy I couldn't recall your name (talked about diesel cars.. you're in construction..) Either way, great fun. Just hope I have enough stuff for the MARS swap next month! :D

Gorm,
Sorry you missed the swap. I know guys were asking about you to give you DBTC stuff.
Personally, I missed out on Eileen's chalice at the swap. So, if your chalice frag needs a home...............

Steve

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2995.msg32252#msg32252 date=1202666600]
Yikes, that was the 2007 Regional swap!
[/quote]

Ya I don't know why I had that link saved as the source of info for me, but alas. Never even noticed the year :>(

And as far as the DBTC Birdsnest, send me a message with a good time/place. I live in the East Bay, Concord/Martinez Area

It was my first experience at a swap and i have to say, the $20 i spent on membership was well worth it. I didnt expect to get anything there, just learn about how it worked and meet a few people...but Steve, Herman and Perry made me and the kids feel welcome..It was nice meeting a bunch of you yesterday...walking out of the swap with a few frags and a couple winnings in the raffle felt great...Looking forward to the next one!

Great Swap!

I especially enjoyed talking with everyone at the tables entrance before their number was called and yelling loud enough so Lapsan could hear me! ;)

Special thanks to our friend from New York for visiting and sharing ideas... and to our other friends from New York who sent us such beauties. I can't wait to see them in DBTC!

C

Back